Junior High Band Camp
June 20-24, 2021
Sunday - wear your school t-shirt
Monday - Hawaiian Day
Tuesday - Green & Gold Day
Wednesday - wear pink
Thursday - wear your band camp t-shirt
For 2021 ONLY: camp is for students who are 9th grade and younger, but have completed at least 1 year of band
This camp is designed to prepare students for the rigors of high school band, and to get them on great footing for All-Region preparation. Additionally, we look to be able to identify students who have basic playing errors and correct those. This camp introduces electives, which are selected on the first day of camp, as well as private lessons that would take place with a qualified instructor on the given instrument. The daily schedule is more like junior high school, remaining structured at all times. Safety remains our highest priority.
All fees are due by June 4. We appreciate your full payment when registering. If you need to make a second
payment, please use the same link.
(Even though all information must be entered for 2nd payments, only the payment amount will be processed.)
Please read all information below BEFORE you click the registration button. For best
results when paying the registration fee online, use Firefox or Chrome. When registering on a phone, do not use your autocomplete as it may not fill in some
Please read COVID Protocols before registering.
(mask policy UPDATED 5/27)
Registration is now closed. If you need to make a final payment, please contact the
Student Accounts Office at 479-968-0271 to pay with a cc. They are open Monday - Thursday
from 8-5 and Friday from 8-noon.
We must have a Health Form and Camp Waiver on file for each student. The Health Form should be brought to camp and turned in at Check-In on Sunday.
Since there are no auditions, please click HERE to indicate a friend(s) that you wish to be in band with during camp. (This may be your roommate.)
- On-campus students stay in the dorms and all meals (Sun. dinner-Thur. dinner) are included in the price
- Off-campus students are those who live locally and choose not to stay overnight in the dorms
- Off-campus students have the option of choosing a meal plan that includes dinner on Sunday and lunch and dinner on Monday through Thursday. Cost: $71
All on-campus students will check in from 3-5 p.m. on the first day of camp in Witherspoon (see Campus Map above). If it is necessary for you to be late, please notify us in advance. Otherwise, late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Off-campus students will check-in from 4:30-5:00 pm in Witherspoon.
NO AUDITIONS IN 2021
You may purchase a meal plan for your noon and supper meals from the cafeteria. The meal plan includes dinner on Sunday and lunch and dinner Monday through Thursday of camp. The cost is $71. Your registration time is on Sunday from 4:30-5:00 in Witherspoon. All off campus students need to check in daily. Students in Junior High are not permitted to sign in themselves. If a parent/guardian is unable to do this, a form (available at check-in) may be filled out and signed by the parent stating who has permission to drop off/pick up their child. A sign in/out table will be located in the Camp Business office. Off campus students will be assigned to the nearest dorm of the same sex to use as a place to visit or hang out during their free time.
- Things to bring: instrument mutes, reeds, or other accessories, linens (sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, wash cloths), toiletries, rain gear, comfortable walking shoes.
- Things NOT to bring: no tobacco and/or vape products, alcohol, fireworks, skateboards, rollerblades, rollershoes, hoverboards, or laser pointers. Cell phones must remain off during classes, assemblies, and other camp functions.
- Dress Code: typical school clothing. Shorts are permitted. ATU building regulations require that shoes be worn in all campus buildings. Concert uniform is "Sunday Dress" and includes at least a dress shirt and tie for men. Coats/suits are preferred.
- We discourage students having any large amounts of cash in their possession. Checks from parents for spending money may not exceed $20 each. Checks should be made payable to Arkansas Tech University, not to an individual.
- All parents visiting campus during the week of camp need to check in at the camp office, Witherspoon room 165, and receive a visitor name tag before going to the dorms.
- Student mail during camp should be addressed to: (name), ATU Summer Music Camp, 407 West Q Street, Witherspoon Rm. 165, Russellville, AR 72801-2222.
- Sample Camp Schedule
- Full payment must be received two (2) weeks prior to camp start date (June 4, 2021)
- Refund requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2 p.m. on the first day of camp (June 20, 2021). Refunds will not be allowed, for any reason, after that day and time.
- A $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
- All refunds will be issued in August.
- Students will need to be checked out of the dorm on Thursday evening from 5-6:30. Please report directly to your child's dorm on Thursday evening. Any fees for damages or lost keys/swipe cards will be assessed to the camper and the parent will be billed. Lost key/card fee is $30.
- All performances will be in Tucker Coliseum. See Concert Schedule above.
Campers participating in ATU sponsored camps must remain on the University campus at all times. Campers may only leave campus with a staff member of the camp, a parent, or a legal guardian, as approved by the Camp Business Office. This policy shall also apply to commuter campers until the last camp activity of the day has been completed.
Any act or threat, including profane or abusive language for the purpose of harassing or submitting any one on ATU property to pain, discomfort, or indignity is subject to disciplinary action and will not be tolerated. This includes racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment, verbal or property abuse, and any conduct that endangers the health, safety, or well being of any band camp member or staff. All students are expected to adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies of the camp. Students who fail to comply will be sent home with no refund of fees.