Senior High Band Camp
July 15-20, 2019
Girls Dorm: Paine Residence Hall #11 on the map
Boys Dorm: Turner Residence Hall #10 on the map
We will be SWIMMING again this year! Don't forget your swim suit!
Monday: wear your school t-shirt
Tuesday: wear your band camp t-shirt
Wednesday: Hawaiian Day
Thursday: Green and Gold Day
Friday: Superhero Day
The Senior camp is more varied than our other camps as students have varied needs. The camp is designed to be flexible enough to identify students who have basic needs on their instruments, while also identifying students preparing for All-State auditions or collegiate entrance auditions as majors. Specialized instructors are assigned based on the specific needs of the students. The schedule has more structured free time than other camps, but still manages students time effectively to guarantee safety.
All fees are due by July 1. A payment of at least $50 will hold your place in camp.
This camp is designed for students who have completed at least 3 years of band and completed 9th, 10th or 11th grade.
Please read all information below BEFORE you click the registration button. For best results when paying the registration fee online, use Firefox or Chrome. When registering on a phone, do not use your autocomplete as it may not fill in some blanks correctly. Subsequent payments may be made by returning to this link. (Even though all info must be entered for 2nd payments, only the payment amount will be processed.)
We must have a Health Form and a Camp Waiver on file for each student. The health form may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to 479-968-0467, or brought to camp.
Private Lessons are optional. See information in the menu below.
- On-campus students stay in the dorms and all meals (Mon. lunch-Sat. breakfast) are included in the price
- Off-campus students are those who live locally and choose not to stay overnight in the dorms
- Off-campus students have the option of choosing a meal plan that includes lunch and supper Monday through Friday. Cost: $71
- Students who drive themselves to camp will need to contact the camp office for further information
All on-campus students will register from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first day of camp in the appropriate dorm. If it is necessary for you to be late, please notify us in advance. Otherwise, late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Off-campus students will register at 11:30 a.m. in Witherspoon Lobby. Dorms will be posted by May 15.
You may purchase a meal plan for your noon and supper meals from the cafeteria. The meal plan includes lunch and supper Monday through Friday of camp (10 meals). The cost is $71. Your registration time is on the Monday of camp at 11:30 a.m. in the lobby of Witherspoon. All off campus students need to check in daily. Senior High students may sign in themselves if the parent first signs a release form available during registration. A parent/guardian must sign them out after the days activities. If a parent is unable to do this, a form available at registration may be filled out and signed by the parent stating who has permission to pick up their child. A sign in/out table will be located in the Camp Business office. Off campus students will be assigned to the nearest dorm of the same sex to use as a place to visit or hang out during their free time.
- Things to bring: instrument mutes, reeds or other accessories, linens (sheets, pillow, blanket, towels, wash cloths), toiletries, rain gear, comfortable walking shoes, SWIM SUIT.
- Things NOT to bring: no tobacco products, alcohol, fireworks, skateboards, rollerblades, rollershoes, hoverboards, or laser pointers. Cell phones must remain off during classes, assemblies, and other camp functions.
- Dress Code: typical school clothing. Shorts are permitted. ATU building regulations require that shoes be worn in all campus buildings. Concert uniform is "Sunday Dress" and includes at least a dress shirt and tie for men. Coats/suits are preferred. School clothes are appropriate for the dance.
- We discourage students having any large amounts of cash in their possession. Checks from parents for spending money may not exceed $20 each. Checks should be made payable to Arkansas Tech University, not to an individual.
- All parents visiting campus during the week of camp need to check in at the camp office, Witherspoon room 165, and receive a visitor name tag before going to the dorms.
- Student mail during camp should be addressed to: (name), ATU Summer Music Camp, 407 West Q Street, Witherspoon Rm. 165, Russellville, AR 72801-2222.
- Sample Camp Schedule
- Full payment must be received two (2) weeks prior to camp start date (July 1, 2019)
- Refund requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10:30 a.m. on the first day of camp (July 15, 2019). Refunds will not be allowed, for any reason, after that day and time.
- A $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
- All refunds will be issued in August.
- Students will need to be checked out of the dorm before their concert begins. Please report directly to your child's dorm on Saturday morning. Any fees for damages or lost keys/swipe cards will be assessed to the camper and the parent will be billed. Lost key/card fee is $30.
- All performances will be in Witherspoon Auditorium. Each band will have a different warm-up and performance time. Please make sure that you know in which band your child is performing, so you can checkout accordingly. See Concert Schedule above.
- Souvenir audio and video recordings of camp performances will be available to order for all camps on the day of the concert.
Campers participating in ATU sponsored camps must remain on the University campus at all times. Campers may only leave campus with a staff member of the camp, a parent, or a legal guardian, as approved by the Camp Business Office. This policy shall also apply to commuter campers until the last camp activity of the day has been completed.
Any act or threat, including profane or abusive language for the purpose of harassing or submitting any one on ATU property to pain, discomfort, or indignity is subject to disciplinary action and will not be tolerated. This includes racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment, verbal or property abuse, and any conduct that endangers the health, safety, or well being of any band camp member or staff. All students are expected to adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies of the camp. Students who fail to comply will be sent home with no refund of fees.
Scholarships are for current all-state students only. All-state students staying on campus will receive a $193 tuition scholarship. All-state students who live locally and will NOT be staying in the dorm will receive a $105 discount. Please keep this in mind when you register/pay. All-state students should send an email to email@example.com to notify the camp office of eligibility.