Middle School Band Camp
July 9-13, 2023
We will be SWIMMING again this year! Don't forget your swim suit!
Sunday - wear your school t-shirt
Monday - Hawaiian Day
Tuesday - Green & Gold Day
Wednesday - wear pink
Thursday - wear your band camp t-shirt
This camp is designed for beginners. The primary focus is the fact that campers are probably attending their first "big" camp. Special attention is paid to each student in regard to safety, schedule, and how they are 'feeling' about being at camp. Our student to faculty ratios far exceed the state requirements in this camp to provide a maximum amount of care and management. The design of camp is geared to the 12 year old age group, making use of the most current teaching philosophy and technologies. At camp, each student will get an opportunity to completely review every basic aspect of their instrument to ensure that they are on the road to great fundamentals and a lifetime of music making. The schedule is full, with every minute of the day planned to ensure that the students are actively engaged in safe learning and social activities.
All fees are due by June 26. We appreciate your full payment when registering.
- Designed for students who have completed one year in a band program (6th graders, but may also include 7th graders)
Please read all information below BEFORE you click the registration button. For best results when paying the registration fee online, use Firefox or Chrome. When registering on a phone, do not use your autocomplete as it may not fill in some blanks correctly. Subsequent payments may be made by returning to this link. (Even though all information must be entered for 2nd payments, only the payment amount will be processed.)
Please bring the following forms to check-in on Sunday:
*New this year: when you click the registration button, you will be asked to enter an email address and wait for a code to be sent to that email before you can register for camp.
- On-campus students stay in the dorms and all meals (Sun. lunch-Thur. dinner) are included in the price
- Off-campus students are those who live locally and choose not to stay overnight in the dorms. Lunch and dinner each day are included in the price.
All on-campus students will register from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on the first day of camp in the appropriate dorm. If it is necessary for you to be late, please notify us in advance. Otherwise, late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Off-campus students will register at 11:30 a.m. in Witherspoon Lobby. Dorms will be posted by June 1.
Your registration time is on the Sunday of camp at 11:30 a.m. in the lobby of Witherspoon. All off campus students need to check in daily. Students in Middle School are not permitted to sign in themselves. If a parent/guardian is unable to do this, a form (available at registration) may be filled out and signed by the parent stating who has permission to drop off/pick up their child. A sign in/out table will be located in the Camp Business office. Off campus students will be assigned to the nearest dorm of the same sex to use as a place to visit or hang out during their free time.
- What do you need to bring to camp? See Camp Packing List.
- We discourage students having any large amounts of cash in their possession. Prepaid debit cards can be used in the Food Court, the Student Union, and vending machines.
- All parents visiting campus during the week of camp need to check in at the camp office, Witherspoon room 165, and receive a visitor name tag before going to the dorms.
- Student mail during camp should be addressed to: (name), ATU Summer Music Camp, 407 West Q Street, Witherspoon Rm. 165, Russellville, AR 72801-2222.
- Sample Camp Schedule
- Full payment must be received two (2) weeks prior to camp start date (June 26, 2023)
- Refund requests must be emailed to email@example.com by 10:30 a.m. on the first day of camp (July 9, 2023). Refunds will not be allowed, for any reason, after that day and time.
- A $50.00 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
- All refunds will be issued in August.
- Students will need to be checked out of the dorm before their concert begins. Please report directly to your child's dorm on Thursday evening. Any fees for damages or lost keys/swipe cards will be assessed to the camper and the parent will be billed. Lost key/card fee is $30.
- Campers should be checked out of their dorm between 5 and 6 pm before their concert. Specific concert information is located in the menu under Concert Schedule.
Campers participating in ATU sponsored camps must remain on the University campus at all times. Campers may only leave campus with a staff member of the camp, a parent, or a legal guardian, as approved by the Camp Business Office. This policy shall also apply to commuter campers until the last camp activity of the day has been completed.
Any act or threat, including profane or abusive language for the purpose of harassing or submitting any one on ATU property to pain, discomfort, or indignity is subject to disciplinary action and will not be tolerated. This includes racial, ethnic, or sexual harassment, verbal or property abuse, and any conduct that endangers the health, safety, or well being of any band camp member or staff. All students are expected to adhere to the rules, regulations, and policies of the camp. Students who fail to comply will be sent home with no refund of fees.