Review and Go!
Before you get started on your own assessment plan, let's see what you learned.
Module Learning Objectives
This training module will help you to:
- What terms come to mind now when you think of assessment?
- Need help? Go back and review "What is Assessment"
- What myths about assessment have been dispelled for you? Any surprises?
- How would you explain assessment to someone who doesn't know what it is?
- For a more information, see "Assessment Myths and Misconceptions".
- What is the difference between process oriented and results oriented assessment?
- What is the difference between a
- Needs Assessment and a Satisfaction Assessment?
- Utilization Assessment and a Cost Effectiveness Assessment?
- For a review, see, "The Assessment Plan".
- Can you list the general steps of an assessment plan and explain what happens in each step?
- Check out, "The Assessment Plan", for a refresher.
Think you're ready to assess? Keep these final thoughts in mind as you start your assessment journey:
- What result are you aiming for?
- Without clearly identifying this, it will be easy to get lost in a maze of ideas and plans, and before you know it, you've collected useless data that doesn't measure your success.
- Assessment is the best way to highlight your program or department's success and reenergize your efforts toward greater achievements!
- Although assessment takes effort, your hard work will be rewarding!
- Use the ATU Assessment Cycle worksheet and get started on your assessment cycle.
- The Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness is here to answer your questions, help you get started, and guide you through the assessment process.
- Contact us at: