Assessment: Getting Started
When you pass the quiz for this module, you will receive a professional development
certificate. But before you take the quiz, review what you've learned.
MODULE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
This training module will help you to:
Articulate the definition of assessment.
- What terms come to mind now when you think of assessment?
- Need help? Go back and review "What is Assessment"
Identify the basic steps for an effective assessment plan.
- Can you list the general steps of the assessment cycle and explain what happens in
- Check out, "The Assessment Cycle", for a refresher.
Debunk at least two assessment misconceptions.
- What misconceptions about assessment have been dispelled for you? Any surprises?
- How would you explain assessment to someone who doesn't know what it is?
- For a more information, see "Assessment Misconceptions".
Keep this in mind...
...as you start your assessment journey:
Start with the end in mind...
- What result are you aiming for?
- Without clearly identifying this, it will be easy to get lost in a maze of ideas and plans, and before you know
it, you've collected useless data that doesn't measure your success.
Show your good work!
- Assessment is the best way to highlight your program or department's success and reenergize your efforts toward greater achievements!
All good things are worth the effort...
- Although assessment takes effort, your hard work will be rewarding!
Get the worksheet...
Ask for help!
- University Assessment and Accreditation (UAA) is here to answer your questions, help
you get started, and guide you through the assessment process.
- Contact us at:
- Dr. Christine Austin, Director UAA, at email@example.com or by phone at 479-880-4282.
- Amanda Gardner, Assessment Specialist, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 479-880-4278.
When you're ready, follow the unit link below to take the quiz.