ASSESSMENT PROJECT GRANTS
The Arkansas Tech University Assessment Committee provides guidance and institutional strategies for the assessment of student learning and institutional effectiveness throughout the University. In 2003, the Committee designated funds for assessment grants, awarding funding for innovative projects assessing student learning and institutional effectiveness.
- An individual or team representing an academic department or academic support unit may submit a proposal for an assessment grant project on the provided application.
- Academic departments or support units may form a partnership with each other, but
each project selected will be funded to a maximum of $5,000 regardless of the number
departments or units in the partnership.
Equipment: The purchase of a computer or other major piece of office equipment would not be approved.
Personnel: Limited to student labor (faculty salaries or release time would not be approved). The narrative must demonstrate that the student labor is directly related to the grant proposal only.
Travel: Must be directly related to the grant proposal and may be used to fund travel to/participation in conference focusing on assessment. Additional documentation detailing travel expenses must be attached to this application.
- All grant awardees are required to submit a post-project report documenting project measurements, analysis, and a determination of program effectiveness.
- Assessment Project Grant application
- Assessment Committee Grant Review form
- Post-Project Grant Reporting Guidelines
Assessment Grant applications are due March 1st and October 1st annually. Please submit an electronic copy of the grant application and any applicable attachments as one document in PDF format to:
Amanda Gardner, M.Ed.
Office of Assessment and Institutional Effectiveness