- Eligible students must be nominated by their schools to attend Arkansas Governor’s School (AGS).
- Please check the Eligibility Requirements before nominating/applying.
Important Student Nomination/Application Dates
- Nomination/Application Accepted Beginning October 1, 2019
- Nomination/Application Materials Due January 21, 2020
- Selection Results Will be Emailed to Schools and Applicants by March 15, 2020
- Schools will go online to nominate students. Nomination link will be found here on October 1, 2019
- Nominated students will receive an email with a link to the application. Students
that are interested in being nominated need to contact their school counselor or GT
coordinator. The following items will be required during the student application process.
- General biographical information
- First and second choice of content area for application (Choral Music, Cybersecurity, Drama, English/Language Arts, Instrumental Music, Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Science, and Visual Arts). Students can submit an application in one or two content areas but students will only attend AGS in one content area. Submitting a second choice can increase the odds of getting accepted but students need to be prepared to attend in either area.
- Significant achievements, awards, or accomplishments in the past two years
- School/community projects in which you have participated that demonstrate your commitment to a task
- Student essay (Up to 4500 characters)
- Essay for each content area about why you chose that area (Up to 3000 characters)
- Name and email address of a teacher for each content area to complete a recommendation
- Audition video for students applying in Choral Music, Drama, Instrumental Music, or Visual Arts. Instructions for preparing the audition can be found here.
- Schools will complete a School Recommendation Form for each student nominated and one Composite Nomination form for the school. These forms can be submitted at the nomination site above.
- Schools will also submit a transcript for each student nominated.
- Teachers chosen for recommendation will receive an email with a link for submission of the Teacher Recommendation Form.
- Schools can monitor the progress of the student applications at the nomination site above.
- All student applications, including the teacher recommendations, school recommendation, and student transcript, must be received by January 21, 2020 to be considered by the selection committee.