Only students who are residents of Arkansas and who are presently in junior classes at public or private high schools or are homeschooled are eligible to be nominated to apply. *These must be students who are entering into their senior year of high school. Students who plan to graduate from high school before attending AGS are not eligible to be nominated or apply to AGS.
- Nominees should have demonstrated:
- creativity in academic or creative fields,
- above average ability in the nominated discipline area (Area I),
- a high degree of self-motivation required to satisfy the program's demanding requirements,
- the intellectual, social, and emotional maturity required to thrive in an environment
that emphasizes theoretical and process-related learning.
- Nominees must be willing to commit to the entire program. Students who would like
to participate in other programs or activities that run concurrent to AGS should not
- All qualified students should be considered for nomination regardless of socioeconomic status, cultural, or language differences.