Faculty Application Information
Thank you for your interest in working with the Arkansas Governor’s School! It is one of the most exciting educational experiences at the secondary-school level in the nation. The AGS work experience is very demanding but it is also very enjoyable and very rewarding. Our faculty members are special people who enjoy challenges and believe it is a privilege to help shape the lives of Arkansas’ best and brightest young people.
Faculty are selected prior to each session to teach in various areas. For more information about teaching at AGS, please take a look at the job descriptions in the Faculty Overview and the individual job advertisements below.
- Choral Music
- English/Language Arts
- Instrumental Music
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Visual Art
- Development Engineering
- Conceptual Development (Area II)
- Personal and Social Development (Area III)
Applicants should submit:
- Application cover sheet
- Letter of application describing qualifications, curriculum ideas, and teaching style
- Current curriculum vitae
- List of three references
The application deadline is November 15, 2022.
Send completed application to:
Little Rock, AR 72201
Or via Email: email@example.com
- October 1, 2022 - Faculty applications open
- November 15, 2022 - Faculty applications due
- April 2023 - AGS Faculty Planning Meeting via WebEx (All faculty need to attend.)
- June 2023 - AGS Faculty Planning Meeting via WebEx (All faculty need to attend.)
- July 3, 2023 - AGS Faculty Planning Meeting (All faculty required to attend.)
- July 5, 2023 - Opening of AGS
- August 1, 2023 - Closing of AGS
- Before you apply, please take a look at the job descriptions found in the Faculty Overview and area specific job applications.
- Please consider the session dates and your availability. There will be regular required events occurring during evenings and on weekends. You need to be able to commit to participate in the entire session. You also need to be able to attend the planning meetings on the dates listed above.
- Appointments are for a single summer session and there is no tenure.
- All faculty are required to have a background screening and mandatory reporter training. Instructions for completing these items will be provided if a faculty position is offered and accepted.
- Food and housing will be provided for faculty at no charge.
- All faculty are hired on the recommendation of a committee formed by the Arkansas Department of Education.
- Please be aware that application information may be subject to FOIA requests and, therefore, may become public.
If you have any questions about any of the teaching positions listed above, please contact the AGS Office.
Arkansas Governor's School
Phone: (479) 356-2037