Graduate Student Council
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) promotes the success of graduate students by taking an active, leadership role in advancing the goals of the graduate student body. Members of the GSC serve as advocates for graduate student concerns and collaborate with various campus partners as they engage in personal and professional development.
2020 - 2021 Members
Engineering & Applied Sciences Seat
Nursing Administration and Emergency Management
Engineering and Applied Sciences Seat
This council comprises seventeen (17) graduate students. Each college represented at the graduate level will have allocated seats. Currently there are four (4) for the College of Arts & Humanities, two (2) for the College of Business, four (4) for the College of Education, two (2) for the College of Engineering & Applied Sciences, and two (2) for the College of Natural & Health Sciences. Representation is based on the number of programs offered through each respective college. Three (3) at-large seats will be reserved for other candidates within the nomination pool.
- Members of this council are expected to be a graduate student for the academic year (FA and SP semesters);
- Must attend 2 meetings each month (exact time will be determined at first meeting
of the year);
These meetings will serve as an opportunity to report information gained from other respective meetings on-campus (e.g., Graduate Council, Faculty Senate, etc.), discuss issues concerning graduate students, and to plan/host events and activities for graduate students.
- Will be encouraged to attend other special events hosted by the GSC throughout the year.
- Within their appointed academic year, the GSC is expected to propose and/or implement a project, process, or initiative that will improve graduate student visibility, access to resources, or help Tech’s overall graduate community.
REQUIREMENTS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Minimum 3.0 GPA and good standing with the university
- Candidates selected should exemplify true leadership qualities
Graduate students interested in serving should submit an application packet (resume and statement of intent expressing why they want to be involved with this organization and what they will bring to the GSC should they be selected) to Lyndsay Simpson. Application materials can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Candidates may be asked to complete an interview as part of the selection process.
Please direct any questions or concerns regarding the GSC to Lyndsay Simpson, co-advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.