BACHELOR OF SCIENCE In Computer Science
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BS-CS) program prepares students for
careers as systems programmers in a scientific and/or engineering environment and
for further graduate work in computer science. Mathematics and engineering courses
supplement a strong core of computer science courses, enabling students to design
and implement software that requires complicated computations, data structures, and
Program Educational Objectives
The mission of the Department is to produce men and women who can assess, develop,
and maintain business and scientific computing systems, and who are capable of continued
learning and ethical practice in computing.
In Accomplishing This Mission, Within the first few years following graduation, The
Graduates Of The BS-CS Degree Program Will:
- Communicate effectively using terminology and processes that are appropriate for the
field of computer science.
- Work efficiently and effectively in a team environment to develop appropriate computer-based
systems to satisfy stated requirements.
- Solve complex computational problems using appropriate models, techniques, and abstractions.
- Conduct themselves in a professional and ethically responsible manner.
- Learn new trends and technology and willingly adapt to new systems and software environments.
In support of the program educational objectives above, the curriculum of the Computer
Science Program is designed to enable students to attain the following outcomes:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other
relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of
computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice
based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate
to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based
solutions. (Unique to computer science)
Enrollment and Graduation
Fall Enrollment CS