Roy and Christine Sturgis
Academic Advising Center
Arkansas Tech University is committed to providing its students with the best advising experiences possible. The Sturgis Academic Advising Center, located within the Center for Academic Advising and Career Development, is staffed by professional advisors dedicated to guiding Tech's undergraduate students on the pathway to the successful completion of a college degree.
Click here to learn more about the university's pandemic recovery.
How to find your advisor on OneTech
You can also contact your advisor directly. If you aren't sure who your advisor is,
please check OneTech. If an advisor has been assigned to you, the advisor will be listed on the "Advisor
Information" card in OneTech. If an advisor is not listed, contact the Advising Center.
Contact info for AAC Advisors is also available here.
Students who should Contact the AAC
- New students seeking general information about Tech
- Any student who wants to know more about a particular major
- Students who are having difficulty with a class or want to discuss how classes are progressing
- Anyone who needs information about university policies or deadlines
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: Spring 2023
Registration is open two times a year. Registration for summer, fall, and winter intersession terms opens in March for current students, and registration for spring term opens in October for current students. More information on Registration can be found here.
Current ATU Students: Early Registration
Early Registration is for currently enrolled ATU students based on the number of credit hours earned prior to the start of the current semester. Students must consult with their advisor before registering for classes. Students assigned to a faculty advisor will need to contact their faculty advisor.
Students currently enrolled in the fall 2022 semester at ATU may be eligible to register for the 2023 spring term based on their number of earned hours at the start of the fall 2022 semester according to the following schedule:
- October 17 - All Graduate Students, Seniors 90 or more earned hours
- October 20 - Juniors, 60-89 earned hours
- October 24 - Sophomores, 30-59 earned hours
- October 27 - Freshman, 29 or fewer earned hours
Incoming Freshmen, New Transfer and New Returners: DECEMBER 1
You must be admitted to Arkansas Tech University before you can sign up for an appointment. If you have questions about your admissions status, check your OneTech account or contact Admissions at (479) 968-0343. If you need help activating your OneTech, visit webapps.atu.edu/ams/.
Beginning December 1, Incoming Freshmen, New Transfer and New Returning students can schedule an individual one-hour appointment with a professional academic and career advisor.
- Incoming Freshmen: ALL Incoming Freshmen should call the Sturgis Academic Advising Center at (479) 964-0843 to discuss appointment options.
- New Transfers and New Returners: New Transfer and New Returning students with fewer than approximately 50 earned credit hours should call the Sturgis Academic Advising
Center at (479) 964-0843 to discuss appointment options.
- New Transfer and New Returning students with more than approximately 50 earned hours should contact their respective academic department to schedule an appointment. Click here for department directory.
Students will receive their spring 2023 class schedule and have the opportunity to make their student ID and visit with other offices on campus.
Individual appointments are in-person* and take place in the Center for Academic Advising and Career Development located in Rothwell Hall, Suite 107. Visitor Parking is available on West O Street in front of Rothwell Hall.
*If you have extenuating circumstances preventing you from an in-person individual appointment, please contact the Academic Advising Center at (479) 964-0843 to discuss phone or virtual appointment options.
Degree maps are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the Undergraduate Catalog. Milestones, listed to the right of each term, are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
Students should use the sample schedules as a general guide to aid them in building a full schedule each term. To see additional information such as course descriptions and prerequisites, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.
CONTACT THE ACADEMIC ADVISING CENTER
Phone: (479) 964-0843
Fax: (479) 890-8091