ATU English Proficiency Requirements for International Applicants
Applicants should submit official documentation of meeting the following standards:
Undergraduate Applicants Minimum Requirements
- 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- 5.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- 500 on the written TOEFL
- 173 on the computerized TOEFL
- 42 on the PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- Grade 2A on the EIKEN
Graduate Applicants Minimum Requirements
- 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- 6.5 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- 550 on the written TOEFL
- 213 on the computerized TOEFL
- 58 on the PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- Grade Pre-1 on the EIKEN
A copy of the official TOEFL or IELTS score may be sent by email.
The school code for Arkansas Tech University is 6010 if you want to have your TOEFL score sent directly from Educational Testing Service (ETS).
All EIKEN scores must be sent directly from STEP, Inc. (Society for Testing English Proficiency).
NOTE: Test scores are only valid for 2 years. Please submit only those scores taken within two years from the time of application.
For transfer students from US colleges/universities, one of the above mentioned test score documents can be provided or an official college/university transcript showing successful completion of college-level English Composition I and English Composition II with a grade of C or better.