Sigma Tau Delta: The International English Honor Society
More Than a College Club:
Sigma Tau Delta is more than just another college club. It is a forum for members to share their love of English language and literature with like-minded peers, participate in rewarding activities, and gain recognition for their accomplishments. It is a gathering place for those who understand the importance of communication, the value of listening, and the significance of expression. It is a hub of shared interest and purpose.Sigma Tau Delta confers distinction upon outstanding undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals who contribute to English language and literature. The society is open, through associate membership, to anyone who shares its love for English.
- Scholarships and awards worth up to $5,000.
- Publishing work in the society's journal.
- Belonging to an internationally recognized honor society
- Sigma Tau Delta's annual international convention
- Association outside the classroom with some of Tech's brightest students
- Graduate school preparation workshops
- Poetry and fiction readings by students or guest writers
- Service projects
- Social events
- Minimum 3.0 average in major.
- Completion of at least three semesters of college work and two English courses beyond
- Standing the highest thirty-five percent of class in general scholarship.
- Contact any officer or Dr. Emily Hoffman to find out more membership details.