Upon being admitted to Arkansas Tech University, you must provide official transcripts from every school you have attended; ATU will recognize transfer credit from institutions approved by U.S. regional accreditation associations. Transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit by the Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office will determine the articulation of courses satisfying general education requirements and will auto-articulate credit from any institution with which ATU has a formal Memorandum of Understanding regarding transfer credit. A link is provided below to The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) equivalencies to assist you in determining articulation of general education courses taken from an Arkansas school.
Your academic advisor (assigned by the department of your major) will determine which credits count toward your degree requirements and how and if those hours can be used toward your degree requirements, with final approval from the department head and dean of the college in which your major resides.
Grades for transfer credit will appear on the Tech transcript as TA, TB, TC, TW, etc. Transfer grades are not calculated in your ATU cumulative grade point average. All grades may be used when reviewing admission, graduation, or aide requirements.
The following are not accepted for general transfer credit:
- Courses taken at a non-accredited school, or one whose accreditation is not recognized
- Remedial / developmental / pre-college level courses
- Professional development courses
- Continuing education units
- Credit earned by exam or institutional credit
Acronyms seen on articulated transfer work posted on the Tech transcript:
- GEBL - General Education - Biological Science Credit
- GEBO - General Education - Biological Science Lecture
- GEFA - General Education - Fine Arts Credit
- GEHM- General Education - Humanities Credit
- GELB - General Education - Science Lab Credit
- GENL - Denotes General Elective Credit
- GEMA- General Education - Mathematics Credit
- GEOR - Denotes Orientation Course
- GEPE - Denotes Physical Activity Credit
- GEPO - General Education - Physical Science Lecture
- GEPS - General Education - Physical Science Credit
- GESP - General Education - Speech Communications Credit
- GESS - General Education - Social Sciences Credit
- LD - Denotes Lower Division Credit and cannot be counted toward the 40 Upper Division hour requirement
- NT - Denotes Non-transferable Course
- PC - Denotes Pre-College/Developmental Course
- UD - Denotes Upper Division Credit
In accordance with the Arkansas Division of Higher Education the links below will direct you to the Arkansas Course Transfer System, where you can view the most current transfer equivalencies and policies.
If you don't see the school you are transferring from below, you can utilize our Transfer Tracker to determine if your credits will transfer.
The equivalencies listed herein reflect the latest catalog reviewed from the prospective schools, and are intended for the general student population. Some disciplines will prefer different requirements and/or may substitute equivalencies for their program.
Select a link below to view additional course listings for that school: