Projects identified in the campus master plan are arranged under four types of recommendations: Priority Projects, Incremental Projects, Long Term Projects, and Recommendations for strategic or revenue generating projects. (Note that the master plan acknowledges that prioritization is not the same as implementation; therefore, the prioritization relates to the order of efforts of the institution to make the project a reality.)
Roush and Stroupe Demolition (Complete)
- Demolition of Roush Hall and the Stroupe Building was completed in spring 2018.
- A student recreation area was developed on the former site of Roush and the addition of approximately 50 parking spaces have been established on the Stroupe site.
- Access a presentation with information about the two buildings and photos of the demolition by clicking here.
O Street and Campus Entrance (In Progress)
- The Board of Trustees took the first step for the addition of a new campus entrance by directing the administration to move forward on the architect selection process for the design and filing a request with the Arkansas Department of Transportation for a stop light at the proposed entrance.
- Click here to read more and to see a site depiction.
New Campus Rec. Center / Mullins Plaza (Ongoing)
- Architect selection was made in July 2019.
- Programming Phase: August 2019 through December 2019 (Complete).
- Schematic Design Phase: January 2020 - March 2020 (Complete).
- Project delayed due to COVID-19: March 2019.
- Project Reinstated: Tentatively scheduled for January 2021.
Wayfinding and Signage (Funding Stage)
Listed in the Master Plan report as Comprehensive Signage Refresh.
- A committee was formed in spring 2018 to make recommendations on signage for the campus.
Committee members were:
- Dausen Duncan - Visit Day Coordinator, Admissions
- Jeff Woods - Dean, College of Arts and Humanities
- Joshua McMillian – Director of Public Safety
- Jessica Holloway – Director of Procurement and Risk Management
- Brandi Collins – Licensing, Branding, and Editorial Manager MARCOMM
- Steve Mullins – Athletic Director
- Brian Lasey – Director of Facilities Management
- Jayne Jones – Coordinator of Special Projects
- Amy Pennington – Dean of Students
- Justin Smith – Chief Business/Community Outreach Officer Ozark Campus
- Ken Wester – Director of Information Systems
- Galen Rounsaville – Construction Manager
- Click here to access a copy of the committee recommendations