Freshman Leadership Experience
The Freshman Leadership Experience (FLE) serves as the starting point for students seeking to gain and increase their leadership skill set. Open to only fifteen (15) incoming freshmen, this program will actively engage students in a variety of leadership experiences that will create an advantage prior to their first day of class.
Participants will move into their assigned residence hall (if housed on campus) early. This program will take place on the Arkansas Tech campus.
During this time, students will engage with other incoming freshmen while learning from current campus leaders, University staff, and other leadership experts. These experiences will help students make connections prior to the first day of class, establish a leadership and involvement plan for the first year, and learn from some of the best and brightest campus leaders.
Lodging and all meals are included in this program. Students applying for FLE must be available for the entire length of this program.
FLE Learning Outcomes:
- Students will be able to identify their personal strengths and how they function in a team.
- Students will learn about the different types of communication styles.
- Students will learn skills to engage in conflict effectively and work toward conflict resolution.
- Students will learn that leadership is more than holding a position.
- Students will practice team leadership through active group participation.
- August 12-13, 2021
Freshman Leadership Experience Application
- Applications are open now and will close on June 15, 2021.
- For questions, call the Office of Student Leadership at 479.968.0276 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.