Graduate Assistantships in Diversity & Inclusion
The Department of Diversity and Inclusion at Arkansas Tech University is seeking high-energy, student-focused individuals interested in making a positive impact in the lives of our students. This newly established department will focus efforts on enhancing the experience of underrepresented students. While creating a campus environment and culture that celebrates inclusiveness and multiculturalism, this office aims to impact students to graduation. The Department of Diversity and Inclusion will also coordinate related university wide trainings, workshops and programmatic efforts.
Position Title: Graduate Assistant for Diversity and Inclusion
- Assist with the formation, development and advisement of cultural based registered
student organizations (15%):
- Serve as a co-advisor to existing organizations
- Conduct cultural based focus groups to aid in the formation of new registered student organizations
- Work to maximize organization's programming efforts
- Assist with the implementation of diversity and inclusion trainings, workshops and
educational initiatives (15%):
- Facilitate presentations and workshops for student organizations, student leadership teams and the campus community
- Assist in the student success of underrepresented students (20%):
- Conduct focus groups and surveys about underrepresented student needs.
- Communicating with students on registering for classes in a timely manner.
- Partnering with other offices to enhance student success for underrepresented students.
- Aid in the development and implementation of campus wide annual programmatic efforts
in the following areas (30%):
- Cultural based heritage days/weeks/months
- Nationally sponsored days/weeks/months of recognition
- Related advocacy and inclusiveness initiatives
- Assist in collaborative programming with the Department of Student Success to ensure to ensure that programs and services offered are meeting the needs of underrepresented students (10%).
- Work in partnership with the Department of Campus Life to engage underrepresented populations into existing initiatives including the co-curricular experience, leadership and service programs, Greek Life, student activities and New Student Orientation (10%)
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity are:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Admittance into the Arkansas Tech University Graduate College as a Master’s degree seeking graduate student
- Ability to clear a background check
- Availability to begin work on July 1, 2018
This position pays a stipend of $1,000 per month. In addition, 18 hours of graduate credit tuition per year is covered.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Aubrey Holt, Interim Associate Dean for Campus Life, firstname.lastname@example.org