Graduate Assistantships in Spirit Squads
Graduate Assistant for Cheer
Campus Life at Arkansas Tech University is seeking a self-motivated, student-focused individual interested in making a positive impact in the lives of our students. This 12-month appointment provides personal and professional development, an environment that challenges you for your best work, opportunities to gain experiences similar to that of a full-time staff member, and the cultivation of transferable skills in a fun and exciting work environment. The Department of Campus Life at Arkansas Tech consists of Campus Recreation, Greek Life, Orientation, Spirit Squads, Student Activities Board, and Registered Student Organizations
- Supervise daily operations of cheer practices (50%).
- Implement coaching strategies, safety objectives and dance techniques with assistance from cheer captain(s) at daily practices.
- Coordinate and supervise Spirit Squads at athletic events and/or at other special event performances (10%).
- Prepare and plan activities for pep rallies, special events, Homecoming activities, Family Day activities, and Game Day activities (5%).
- Assist in development of annual clinics and/or tryouts for Spirit Squad teams (5%).
- Assist with planning of summer camp(s) for Spirit Squads (5%).
- Assist with any travel as it relates to Spirit Squads, etc (5%).
- Assist in academic programming (15%).
- Assist with marketing strategies for clinics, tryouts, and recruitment (5%).
- Experience with cheer teams as it relates to skill progression of cheer is preferred, but not required.
The minimal requirements for a candidate seeking this assistantship opportunity are
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Admittance into the Arkansas Tech University Graduate College as a Master’s degree seeking graduate student
- Ability to clear a background check
- Availability to begin work on July 1, 2018
This position pays a stipend of $1,000 per month. In addition, 18 hours of graduate credit tuition per year is covered.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Aubrey Holt, Interim Associate Dean for Campus Life, email@example.com