Faculty and Staff Well-Being Events
The ATU Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is not only concerned with
the in-classroom experiences of educators, but also the out-of-classroom experiences. Here at the Faculty and Staff Well-Being events page we have compiled a list of events designed to help faculty and staff relax, grow,
and experience new things.
- Coffee and Calm: Fridays at 9:00am on Teams, beginning August 27 (led by Holly Ruth Gale).
- The Coffee and Calm group meets virtually Friday mornings at 9:00am on WebEx Teams for quiet, friendly conversation along with their morning coffee/tea/juice/what-have-you. To be added to the Team, email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or join via https://eurl.io/#vbBNQeE_Y. Then on Friday mornings, click on the “Coffee and Calm” WebEx Team and press the green “Meet” button to join in from wherever you are!
- Meditation Series: Fridays at 2:00pm, in Rothwell 138 or on WebEx, beginning August 20 (led by Erin Clair, contact email@example.com)
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m9e7909952da8c720fa48a2d76530e7e0
- Friday Afternoon Club: Fridays at 3:00 pm, in The Outlet (BazTech 204) and on WebEx, beginning Sept. 17
This is an opportunity for ATU employees to decompress and relax at the end of each week.
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=ma7ed0956b191fd01b03a18944e6015f7
- Full Professor Gathering, second Monday of each month from 1:30-2:30 pm, in The Outlet (BazTech 204) or via WebEx (led by Sandy Smith, Newt Hilliard, and
Fall 2021 dates: Sept. 13, Oct. 11, Nov. 8
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m3efcc0e1e9a3ab04c05c9fea1f9fe280
- Book Group, last Monday of the month at 2:30 pm, in The Outlet (BazTech 204) or via WebEx (led by Erin Clair, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sept. 27 - Becoming by Michelle Obama (ISBN 978-1524763138), WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m0854440f3f14415ded09f454a1612f6b
- Oct. 25 - Sex, Racism, and Robots: How to Be Human in the Age of AI by Ayanna Howard and Amandia Sternberg (audiobook, AIN B08DSMYYNC), WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m76397c5a51bd97a2b6472e62ddc44793
- Nov. 29 - Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah (ISBN 978-0399588198), WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m2775af063ccfdc6b10964022af26eb77
- August 26, 4:00 pm, Ribbon cutting of The Outlet (Faculty/Staff Lounge), BazTech 204 (Led by Gina Kraft)
- September 18, 9:00 am, Hiking Excursion (Led by Jay Post)
Meet at Pendergraft Library parking lot. Carpool to King's Bluff/Pedestal Rock Trailhead. Hike King's Bluff Loop (1.8 miles). Have an early picnic lunch at the waterfall overlook on the trail. Return to campus by 1:00 pm.
- October, ATU StepBet Event (led by Sarah Gordon)
- October 5, 4:00 pm, Well-Being Podcast Discussion, The Outlet (BazTech 204) or via WebEx (led by Erin
Discussion topic: “Intuition versus Anxiety,” episode 689 of Tiny Leaps, Big Changes by Gregg Clunis. Found at https://anchor.fm/tinyleaps/episodes/689---Intuition-vs-Anxiety-eu4aum. Supplemental materials, if interested: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain (ISBN 978-0307352156)
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m909158273ff7f29c463741b53880db2e
- October 12, 5:30 pm, Journaling Workshop: Three Different Ways to Organize and Process Your Life, The
Outlet (BazTech 204) or via WebEx (Led by Sarah Gordon, Hanna Norton, and Lydia Rogers)
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m1b38da3ac43c16856117b955619fdfc5
- November 9, 5:30 pm, Enneagram Workshop, The Outlet (BazTech 204) or via WebEx (Led by Beth Gray)
WebEx Link: https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=mfdb583e2ae04b9a76e84a998f03e1157