Faculty and Staff Well-Being Events
The ATU Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning is not only concerned with
the in-classroom experiences of educators, but also the out-of-classroom experiences. Here at the Faculty and Staff Well-Being events page we have compiled a list of events designed to help faculty and staff relax, grow,
and experience new things.
To request certificates from Spring 2020 from the well-being certificate and recognition program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before August 19, 2020.
- ATU Well-Being Advocate: Attended 5 well-being events or classes during Spring 2020
- ATU Mindfulness Specialist: Attended 8 classes in the Meditation Series and/or the Faculty/Staff Yoga Series during Spring 2020
- ATU Well-Being Leader: Taught an ongoing class or series or served on the Well-Being Committee during Spring 2020
- Working Parents Virtual Coffee Club (via WebEx Teams), facilitated by Jessica Mongeon. Message Jessica (email@example.com) to be added to the group.
- Faculty/Staff Short Meditations every Friday at 2:00 via WebEx starting on August 14, facilitated by Erin Clair and Cynthia Eisemann.
- Yoga Philosophy Chat every other Friday at noon via WebEx starting on August 21, facilitated by Alice Batch and Erin Clair. Dates: 8/21, 9/4, 9/18, 10/2, 10/16, 10/30, 11/13
Coffee and Calm. Fridays at 9:00am. This group, led by Holly Ruth Gale, meets virtually Friday mornings at 9:00am on WebEx Teams for quiet, friendly conversation along with their morning coffee/tea/juice/what-have-you. To be added to the Team, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Then on Friday mornings, click on the “Coffee and Calm” WebEx Team and press the green “Meet” button to join in from wherever you are!
- Well-Being Book Club last Monday of the month at 2:30pm, facilitated by Erin Clair
- August 31: Start Here: Mastering the Lifelong Habit of Wellbeing, by Eric Langshur and Nate Klemp (ISBN 978-1501129131) https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=mf2f820489a9860b9e49472b67dec77ed
- September 28: The Prophet by Kahil Gibran (ISBN:978-0394404288) https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m3fbb13426b14823b89e0e1d92fbf1ca2
- October 26: Happiness: Essential Mindfulness Practices by Thich Nhat Hanh (ISBN:978-1888375916) https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=md9c130c9413e428142d2b917eaac4da3
- November 30: This Is Water: Some Thoughts, Delivered on a Significant Occasion, about Living a Compassionate Life, by David Foster Wallace (ISBN:978-0316068222) https://atu.webex.com/atu/j.php?MTID=m0fa77a47162b306579f2ee06b108cf3c
- Enneagram Workshop: Where Your Number Goes in Times of Stress (led by Beth Gray), day/time TBA
- ATU Faculty/Staff Virtual Lounge Facebook Group. To join go to the ATU Well-Being Facebook page. Page description: “This group is sponsored by the ATU Well-Being Committee and serves as a place to stay informed about events and resources that serve the physical, mental, emotional, and social health of ATU faculty and staff.” Private group restricted to current ATU faculty and staff.