To support the University Mission, Vision Statement, and Strategic Plan, the President formed the Budget Advisory Committee in Spring 2017 to engage and promote transparency in the University budgeting process.
The charge of the Budget Advisory Committee is as follows:
- Establish a process for prioritizing new funding/reductions recommendations
- Participate in informational activities to build awareness of University fiscal conditions, constraints, and opportunities
- Conduct divisional budget discussions
- Provide input regarding all new additions/reductions requests as submitted to the Committee by the President and Vice Presidents
- Provide recommendations on rationale for selection or non-selection of budget items.
- Present recommendations to the President regarding new funding/reductions
- Share information with their constituencies regarding the Committee’s process and outcomes
- Make recommendations regarding BAC voting members to the President for FY19 and ongoing