The Budget Advisory Committee (BAC) acknowledges the President and Executive Council are charged with the responsibility for the implementation and deployment of all the University’s financial resources in accordance with the University’s mission. This may include divisional requests not fully funded and may require the President and/or Vice Presidents to manage the budget by reallocating existing funds.
In order to fulfill the committee’s charge, committee members may ask the President or Vice Presidents for information pertaining to budget requests. Each committee member’s voice will be heard objectively, respectively, and with sensitivity to the issues most pressing to them. At times, the committee may agree to disagree with consensus decision making methods. At such times, there will always be collegial dialogue and respectful interactions among members.
While framing recommendations to the President, Committee members will deliberate using the following guiding principles:
- Each committee member shall bring a university-wide perspective to the table;
- The University’s Mission will serve as a guiding tenet for all BAC budget recommendations
- Committee recommendations will align with three guiding principles:
- Money follows students to ensure quality courses, programs, services, and physical environments
- The university’s Strategic Plan sets the course for the budget
- The budget serves the campus community