Arkansas Praxis Information
WHICH PRAXIS DO I TAKE?
Note: View test requirements and qualifying scores
with this link. Praxis requirements vary from state
to state. Always verify that you are completing
the exam(s) required for your licensure
area in Arkansas!
STUDY GUIDES AND PRACTICE
Note: ETS provides study guides for free for
many content areas. Search by test and see
what is available. There are also paid practice
exams that let you practice answering authentic
exam questions in an environment
that simulates the computer delivered test.
After completing practice tests you can review
correct answers and explanations.
They are usually 19.95 each and limit the
number of times you can take per purchase.
GETTING MY SCORES
Note: This link includes information on how to
obtain your scores, understanding your scores,
and sending your scores as well as other helpful Praxis
REGISTER FOR PRAXIS
Note: It is a good idea to review the
"Before you register" section on this site to make sure
you understand the policies, testing requirements
test fees, forms of payment, and accommodation
requests before you register to take the test.
When registering for any Praxis Exam, you
must indicate that your scores should be
sent to ATU. Use code 6010 to send scores
to the Office of Licensure and Support Services.
Below is a list of direct links to many of the study guides provided by ETS, the publisher of the Praxis Series. These resources are free and include a description of the tests, the topics covered, and sample questions. This list may not be exhaustive and it is important that you search ETS's preparation materials by test if you don't find what you need here.
PRAXIS CORE ACADEMIC SKILLS FOR EDUCATORS
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: READING
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: WRITING
- Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: MATHEMATICS
PRAXIS II: PRINCIPLES OF LEARNING & TEACHING
- K-6 Elementary Education Principles of Learning and Teaching: GRADES K-6
- Middle Level Education Principles of Learning and Teaching: GRADES 5-9
- Secondary Education Principles of Learning and Teaching: GRADES 7-12
All K-12 licenses will choose ONE (1) of the PLT exams from the choices above.
- P-4 Early Childhood Principles of Learning and Teaching: Early Childhood
- World Language Pedagogy
PRAXIS II: CONTENT EXAMS
Elementary and Special Education
- For P-4 Candidates Early Childhood: Content Knowledge
- For K-6 Candidates Elementary Education: Multiple Subjects [Test 5001 – Effective 09/01/2015]
- Special Education: Core Knowledge and Application
Middle School Education
- Middle School English/Language Arts
- Middle School Mathematics
- Middle School Science
- Middle School Social Studies
K-12 & 7-12 Secondary Education
- Art: Content and Analysis
- Chemistry: Content Knowledge [Test 5245 – Effective 09/01/2015]
- Computer Science
- English Language Arts: Content Knowledge
- Family and Consumer Sciences [Test 5122 – Effective 09/01/2015]
- French: World Language
- Health and Physical Education: Content Knowledge
- Life Science Biology: Content Knowledge
- Mathematics: Content Knowledge
- Music: Content Knowledge
- Physics: Content Knowledge [Test 5265 – Effective 09/01/2015]
- Social Studies: Content and Interpretation
- Spanish: World Language