Step 1: You must have an existing AELS account. This is automatically created whenever you pay for your first AELS Background check. To check and see if you have an AELS account follow the instructions below.
- Go to: https://aels.ade.arkansas.gov/AELS/Default.aspx
- Click: AELS Public Site to locate your Case I.D.
- Enter the last four of your SSN and your Last name.
- If you have an AELS account you will see your name come up, click SELECT
- Top left corner you will see "Arkansas Educator Licensure System" and underneath it will be a Case I.D.
- You will NOT need to enter the Case I.D. anywhere, it just needs to exist before you can create your IDEAS account.
- If you do not have an AELS account please go to https://www.atu.edu/teacherlicensure/BackgroundCheck.php and follow the step-by-step directions to initiate and complete your AELS Background Check
Step 2: Create your Arkansas IDEAS Account
- Go to: https://ideaslms.aetn.org/
- Click "Create New Account"
- Follow the prompts to create your account
- If you have any difficulty creating your account please contact the Arkansas Ideas Help Desk email: firstname.lastname@example.org (The help desk is very helpful and quick to respond)
- Site Navigation - AR IDEAS has several handy user guides here: https://ideaslms.aetn.org/course/view.php?name=HelpPage
COMPLETING THE ReQUIRED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT MODULES
- STAGE II APPLICANTS will need to complete the Professional Licensure Standards Board (PLSB)-The Code of Ethics Training Video (Course I.D. - ERC 19048) For additional information about applying to Stage II, please review the Teacher Education Webpage here: https://www.atu.edu/teachereducation/
- LICENSURE (Undergraduate, MAT, and MTLL-NTL candidates) - To earn an initial educator license in Arkansas, candidates must complete professional
development requirements, in the table below, as established by the Arkansas Department
of Education. As of September 1, 2014, candidates must submit evidence of completing
the professional development requirements (record of learning) .
ERB 21002 Be the Reason: The Educator's Role in Combating Child Maltreatment 2 hours PIC 14447 The Six Components of Parental Involvement for Teachers 2.5 hours HWB 15058 Gatekeepers: Youth Suicide Prevention Awareness 3 hours HWG 14003 Dyslexia: A Three-Part Professional Awareness 1 hour ERB 18063 Human Trafficking: Arkansas Act 765 of 2017 - Arkansas Cases 1 hour
- Once you have completed all of the licensure required modules you will need to view
your summary of modules. To do this you log in to your account, select "Record of
Learning" and then scroll down to the bottom and click "PDF Landscape." Download this
PDF and email it to Mrs. ILona Davidson, email@example.com. Your completion will be noted in our records.
- If you can't find your Record of Learning, watch this tutorial video: https://ideaslms.aetn.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=32662
NOTE: The ArkansasIDEAS has been recently updated. If you created an account before June 1, 2015, you will need to create a new account. If you have any difficulty in creating an account or navigating the IDEAS site you should contact their support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MAT Students applying for provisional licensure must complete the following Ethics training modules IN ADDITION TO the professional development modules listed above.
|ERC20059||Professional Licensure Standards Board (PLSB) Code of Ethics for Arkansas Educators:
Ethical Scenarios in Education (2020)
|ERC19048||Professional Licensure Standards Board (PLSB) - The Code of Ethics Training Video
|TCC14435||Professional Licensure Standards Board (PLSB) Social Media Guidelines|
First, Log into your IDEAS Account.
Click "RECORD OF LEARNING"
Make sure you on on the page that says "All Courses"
Scroll down to the bottom and click PDF Landscape
Save the PDF and send it to email@example.com.