Applying for scholarships
- All freshmen academic scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis.
- The application for undergraduate admission serves as the scholarship application.
There is not a separate scholarship application to complete; however, an early admission
status is required. An early admission file includes an application for undergraduate
admission and current high school transcript with a qualifying GPA and ACT/SAT exam
- Students may receive only one Tech-funded academic scholarship in any semester. However,
students may receive an academic scholarship and a Concurrent Advantage Scholarship
in the same semester. Academic scholarship recipients will have the opportunity to
participate in early May registration.
- Scholarship recipients must live in a residence hall OR receive an exemption to the
residency requirements from the Residence Life Office in accordance with established
university policy. Recipients are responsible for making on-campus housing arrangements.
- During scholarship committee selection, ACT/SAT score, GPA, and rank in class will
be taken directly from our student information system; therefore, it is imperative
that documentation of current information is sent to the Admissions Office before
the priority or final deadline. Students who receive scholarship awards are responsible
for knowing the renewal requirements that are printed on their award notifications
or available online.
- Applicants who live in Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and
Texas are considered in-state for tuition purposes. A limited number of out-of-state
scholarship awards are made to applicants who live outside of Arkansas and its contiguous
- Students who are recognized as Arkansas Governor's Distinguished Scholars are eligible to receive an Advanced Scholars Stipend. The Advanced Scholars Stipend is awarded in conjunction with a university funded academic scholarship. Students may not receive an Advanced Scholars Stipend and a University Honors Stipend in the same semester. Students who fail to retain their university funded academic awards forfeit the Advanced Scholars Stipend.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors and admitted as a first-time entering undergraduate
on the Russellville campus to be considered for an award.
- Students receiving academic scholarships must be U.S. citizens.
- Only ACT or SAT exam scores will be used for scholarship consideration. Superscores
or recalculated ACT scores using subset scores from multiple exams will not be accepted.
A traditional-aged high school student who opts to take the GED and scores a minimum
of 680 may be considered for academic scholarships.
- Russellville campus scholarship awards must be used the fall semester following high
- All hours must be at the undergraduate level.
- Scholarships are awarded for consecutive fall and spring terms only and do not cover summer terms.
- To apply for Board of Trustees, Presidential, University, Deans, Academic Excellence,
Green & Gold, Incentive and Leadership Scholarships there is a priority scholarship
deadline of November 15, and a final scholarship deadline of February 15, of the current
- The application for undergraduate admission and all supporting documentation must
be on file before November 15, to receive priority scholarship consideration. Applicants
who receive an early admission status after the November 15 priority deadline, and
before the final scholarship deadline of February 15, will be considered for remaining
awards. Applicants who are awarded during the priority scholarship round and raise
their scholarship levels prior to the final scholarship deadline, will be considered
for an increase to the appropriate award levels prior to second round awards being
- The national February ACT exam scores are the last results accepted for scholarship
- For University Honors Scholarships, applicants must have an early admission standing and submit an essay prior to the deadline on noon on November 30 for interview consideration. An applicant who is chosen for interview and selected to participate in University Honors will receive a qualifying academic scholarship award bundled with a University Honors Stipend ranging from $2,000 to $6000 annually.
After you’ve applied
- Once awarded, all scholarship recipients must be admitted to the Russellville campus with a Federal Financial Aid Application (FAFSA) on file before a scholarship will be credited to a student's account. All additional information requested by the Financial Aid Office must be submitted by December 1, in order to meet the aid application requirements for second semester renewal.
- Scholarship awards are subject to Arkansas Department of Higher Education Scholarship Stacking Policy, Arkansas Act 1180 of 1999.
- To remain in compliance with Act 323 of 2009, the University reserves the right to cancel or modify any scholarship funded by the institution at any time.
All applications and documentation must be received by February 15.
Financial need is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). FAFSA applications are available beginning October 1 each year at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Arkansas Tech University Federal School Code is 001089. Where need is a determining factor for a scholarship, the FAFSA results must be available in the ATU Financial Aid Office for the application to be considered.
The student is responsible for submitting the Foundation Scholarship Application and all documentation listed in the scholarship criteria to the Office of Development. Only one application is required for multiple Foundation General Scholarships.
Documentation must include:
- An applicant letter explaining the need for the scholarship, special family circumstances, and your career goals.
- Three letters of recommendation from any of the following: Arkansas Tech faculty(current Tech students only), High School Counselor, Principal, Pastor, Employer, or someone familiar with your work ethics and family situation.
- Any other document specifically requested of the student within the scholarship description.
Alumni Association Scholarships
Alumni Scholarships are available through the Arkansas Tech University Alumni Association. Alumni Applications are available through the Office of Development, at the Alumni House on campus, and in the Alumni Association Scholarship section of this web site. Applications should be printed off the web site or picked-up from the offices listed, completed, and all required documentation should be attached and submitted to the address on the application.
Junior Auxiliary of Russellville Scholarships
Junior Auxiliary Scholarships require a separate application that is available the middle of February and can be picked-up in the Office of Development.
Additional information about all Foundation Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded if funds are sufficient.
- A number of scholarships are held by one individual for the duration of the recipient’s education, therefore the scholarship may not be available until recipient graduates.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will not be returned.
- Federal regulations do not permit students to receive financial aid in excess of their cost of attendance. For complete details regarding scholarship stacking regulations, contact the Financial Aid Office (479) 968-0399.
- Students who receive a Foundation Scholarship will be responsible for completing the Foundation Scholarship Recipient Agreement and profile before the award can be posted to the students account.
- Expressing appreciation to donors for their interest in and support of higher education is an important part of receiving a scholarship. Students who receive a Foundation Scholarship will be responsible for writing a thank you card or note and returning it to the Office of Development. The scholarship will be awarded to the alternate if the thank note or card is not returned with the Foundation Scholarship Recipient Agreement and Student Profile.
- Foundation Scholarship awards will be posted directly to student accounts. No payments will be made directly to students. Any refunds due to the student can be picked up in the Student Accounts Office.