TRIO SSS About
Student Support Services is about how supporting students to achieve their goals. Our mission is to help you succeed at Arkansas Tech University, help you be successful in your journey to graduation, and to grow your skills that are necessary to be a successful student and later enter the workforce or transfer to a 4-year institution.
Click on any of the links below to learn more:
- Strengthen academic success skills and habits
- Develop personal confidence
- Explore and determine majors and career path
- Create new friendships
- Make plans for the future
- Graduate with an associate degree
Students must apply and meeting eligibility requirements to participate. Eligibility is based on federally defined criteria where at least one of the following must be met:
- First Generation College Student (neither parent has a bachelor degree)
- Limited Income (Income eligible per federal guidelines)
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
An eligible student must need academic support and be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident who is committed to using SSS resources and graduating from ATU with an associate degree.
For more info head to our how to apply page.
- Individualized academic, career and personal advising and support
- Tutoring and academic skill development
- Assistance with financial aid and financial literacy
- Career and Transfer assistance to a 4-year institution
- Cultural enrichment and community building events