Student & Alumni Career Resource Library
CURRENT, AVAILABLE JOBS:
CLICK HERE for the CANDOR link with a list of companies STILL HIRING and the list of those with HIRING FREEZES
500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake RIGHT NOW
HANDSHAKE Employer Dashboard/Activity - 500 Most Recently Posted FULL-TIME jobs, 500 Most Recent PART-TIME jobs & 500 Most Recently Posted INTERNSHIPS
CovINTERN - Find a CURRENT Remote INTERNSHIP
How to Find a Job During and After COVID19: Tips & Resources
A degree is only the beginning of what employers are seeking in candidates. Increase your marketability by completing ELEVATE: The Career Development Academy. This program has six competencies that will help you have healthy and successful transitions throughout your working life.
Learn more at Elevate: The Career Advancement Academy
Experience comes in many forms including full-time and part-time jobs, internship, research, volunteer work, and campus leadership. Use these resources to aid in your search for opportunities to gain experience.
Big Interview allows you to learn about interviewing by watching instructional videos. After learning about interviewing, you can then practice by recording yourself answering questions. These recordings will help you to learn what you’re doing well and what you need to improve before your interview day! Check out the demo.
*Use school email to register
*Use Access Code 6290 to register
Resumes, Interviews, Personal Branding & Networking
Resumes and covers letters come in many different forms in the 21st century. Let us help you build an amazing resume.
Have a resume or cover letter already? Upload a copy on Handshake and request an EMAIL RESUME CRITIQUE appointment. A team member will review it for you.
- Basic Resume Sample
- Basic Cover Letter Sample
- Basic References Sample
- Resume Power Verbs
- Resume INDUSTRY SPECIFIC Templates (Handshake Resources)! Type "Resume" in the search bar to pull up all templates.
- Resume Writing INTERRUPTED VIDEO- COVID-19 Resume Tips
- Revamp Your Resume VIDEO
- Cover Your Bases, Cover Letter Tips VIDEO
- Certify your resume as a Smart Resume
- BestColleges - Resume & Cover Letter Guides
Stop by Rothwell 107 OR make a VIRTUAL appointment to visit with a Peer Career Advisor or Career Counselor for:
- Major and Career Exploration
- Resumes, Cover Letters, LinkedIn or HANDSHAKE
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are the best opportunities you have to sell your skills and qualifications to an employer. Remember you are there not only to be interviewed, but to also interview the employer.
We offer personal sessions and interviewing workshops throughout the year. Check out Events, stop by Rothwell 107, or contact us at 479-968-0278 to find out more info.
Use these resources to build your interviewing skills.
- Interview Questions
- Interview Before and After
- Thank You Notes
- Job Search Tracking Log
- Interviewing: Skills and Attire VIDEO
- Dress The Part VIDEO
- BIG INTERVIEW - See above in Featured Resources!
- Internship Hustle
- Negotiating Your Salary
Social networking sites are a great way to build your professional brand. Be cautious of what you post online because you do not want it to hinder your career opportunities.
Connect with professionals and join networking groups. Update your profile to include a professional headshot, skills, abilities, education, and work history.
- BestColleges - GPA Tips
- LinkedIn Profile Tips
- LinkedIn Profile Overhaul - VIDEO
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
- Networking Tips
- Networking & Social Media VIDEO
- De-Coding Networking - The "Connected" Job Search VIDEO
- Career Fairs: Before & After VIDEO
- DIY Arkansas Tech University Business Cards
- Post appropriate photos.
- Connect only with people you know.
- Keep your personal life private.
- Use privacy settings.
- Be thoughtful about what you post.
- Google yourself & see what you get.
- Join the Arkansas Tech University Alumni Association Group on LinkedIn (website)
- Check out the ATU Alumni website
- Join the Arkansas Tech University Career Services Group on Linked-In
Salaries, Careers, and Entrepreneurship
Once you have been offered a position you must be prepared to negotiate your salary. You must consider schedule flexibility, tuition assistance, vacation time, training, stoke options, healthcare packages, and travel options.
Our staff is ready to coach you individually on the salary negotiation process.
- LinkedIn Salary
- ZipRecruiter for ATU Students
- ZipRecruiter Salary Calculator
- Job Search Intelligence
- AgCareers Jobs
- ARKANSAS Cost of Living
- Career One Stop
- CNN Cost of Living
- MoneyGeek's Cost of Living Calculator
- Financial Guide to Moving to a New State
- Show me the Money: Cost of Living & Salary Negotiation VIDEO
- Job Search Engines
- NACE Salary Calculator
We have designed career and professional development events as tools to help you develop connections and career skills.
- Focus2 (Self-assessment instrument that can provide students with possible career options
that fit majors offered at Arkansas Tech University).
- Use the access code: arkansastech
- What Can I Do With This Major?
- Road Trip Nation Career Exploration - Select a few of your interests and receive a list of possible career options!
- Live Careers - Graduating Students Career Resource Center!
- Zippia - The Career Expert!
- Arkansas Fellowship
- Arkansas Public Service Internships
- College Navigator
- Discover Majors Assessment
- Internship/Volunteer Work Opportunities
- My Plan: Career & Major Exploration Database
- My Next Move: Explore Interests
- National Public Service Internships
- Non-Profit Opportunities
- Truity: Career Interests Assessment
We have complied the following resources to assist Arkansas Tech students in the connecting with entrepreneurial communities on campus, Russellville and beyond.
- MGMT4063: Entrepreneurial Development
- Entrepreneurship Concentration
- ATU Small Bus. and Tech Dev. Center
Virtual Career Development Resources Link
- Military-Veteran Affiliated Students
- Survival Kit for Military Affiliated Students
- 5-Tips for Military Affiliated Students
- At a Glance Services for Military Affiliated Students/Alumni
- Students of Color
- Student Survival Kits
Interested in becoming a PCA?
The Peer Career Advisor (PCA) Program is an academic year-long, paid employment opportunity (with paid training the spring or summer prior). PCAs work 10-20 hours per week, developing professionally by partnering with Norman Career Services to help other students with their career goals. PCAs serve as a vital link between ATU students and the Norman Career Services staff.
The three major areas of responsibility include advising, outreach, and education.
There are many reasons to be a Peer Career Advisor!
- Assist fellow ATU students!
- Gain valuable communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Develop event planning and programming with social media savvy
- Strengthen resume/interview skills and learn to market your degree
- Conduct effective internship, full-time, and graduate school searches
- Network with career professionals and on-campus recruiters
- Increase your knowledge of ATU resources and services
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
Graduate School is a great opportunity to advance your academic experience and place you in a market above your peers. Consider the following resources: