College of Business AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
The College of Business and Economic Development at Arkansas Tech University will offer dynamic academic programs which enable our graduates to add value at all levels of employment. These programs will emphasize business acumen, experiential learning, development of interpersonal skills, and a solid foundation in both ethical and data-driven decision making.
The College of Business and Economic Development at Arkansas Tech University will be known for producing outstanding leaders in the field who add exceptional value to their employers, their communities, the region, and beyond.
- Student Success: The College of Business and Economic Development will deliver academic programs that are current, relevant, and in a manner consistent with the needs of our students to prepare them for professional success.
- Resources: The College of Business and Economic Development will utilize available internal resources efficiently and effectively while continuing to grown external funding. These resources will be utilized to attract and retain high quality students, faculty, and staff.
- Competitive Advantage: The College of Business and Economic Development will pursue activities that enhance our competitive advantage in the recruitment of students, financial gifts, and employment opportunities for our graduates.
Code of Ethics
The students, faculty, and staff of the ATU College of Business and Economic Development are committed to integrity and leadership in everything we do personally, professionally, academically, and for our community.
The College of Business and Economic Development at ATU is a place where you can feel confident.
- Confident that your faculty care about you
- Confident that you can develop your leadership skills and management ability
- Confident that you will have opportunities for competition and travel
- Confident that you are prepared for your chosen career.
If you are considering a major in business at ATU, let me encourage you to visit the campus, especially the fourth floor of Rothwell Hall. We would love to share with you the opportunities that are available to you if you choose to join us. From interesting and up-to-date classes to world-class student organizations, your time here will be engaging and impactful.
It is an exciting time at ATU and especially in the College of Business and Economic Development. Please join us!
Degrees and Programs
The curriculum requires study sufficient for professional practice in financial accounting, management accounting, auditing, and taxation.
Business Data Analytics
This program teaches students to analyze data to support business decisions and strategy and to creatively solve problems.
The study of economics and finance equips students to analyze a broad range of socioeconomic phenomena and policy alternatives.
This program prepares students to lead and direct businesses and non-profit organizations of all types.
With an emphasis on applied learning, the marketing major at ATU gives students an opportunity to acquire hands on knowledge, rather than traditional lectures and textbooks.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The focus of this program is to prepare you for a business career with the information analysis and executive decision making skills needed in today’s fast-paced business world.
Health Information Management
The degree program in health information management prepares the student for a professional career as an active member of the modern health-care team. In this age of increased computerization and data analysis, the health information management field is an exciting new area with virtually unlimited possibilities.
Health Informatics (MS)
The Master of Science in Health Informatics is a specialized program to serve the increasing workforce needs in health information technology. The curriculum utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to include healthcare delivery concepts with information technology.
This degree program in agri-business integrates the discipline of agriculture, business, accounting, marketing, economics and finance. It also features options in animal science, horticulture and pre-veterinary.
This program is designed to prepare teacher candidates for teaching careers at the junior high school and senior high school levels.
Parks, Recreation and Hospitality Administration
In the parks, recreation, and hospitality administration program, we strive to provide rigorous classroom and experiential learning experiences to prepare you for a future career in tourism.
Contact the College of Business AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Rothwell Hall 433
106 West O Street
Russellville, AR 72801
Phone: (479) 968-0490