Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center (ASBTDC)?
- Does the ASBTDC give business loans or grants?
- What do I need to do to start my own business?
- What is the best type of business to start? Is it better to buy an existing business or start a new one?
- I want to start a business from my home. What should I do?
- What do I need to do to obtain a business license?
- How do I register my business name or find out if the name I want is already being used?
- I need a business plan. What do I do?
- How long will it take to develop my business plan and get financing?
- How do I estimate my start-up costs and cash flow?
- How can I receive grant money for my small business?
- Since I've never had any trouble obtaining a home mortgage, credit card, or auto loan, shouldn't I be able to easily obtain a loan for my small business?
- I am seeking a small business loan. How can ASBTDC assist me?
- What is an SBA loan and how do I get one?
- How much money can I borrow? Is it possible to get 100% financing for my business?
- What things do lenders consider when making small business loans?
- My personal credit is bad. Can I still get a business loan?
- Can I get financing for buying an existing business?
- What information should I request from the seller? What if the seller won't provide any financial information for the business?
- I'm buying an existing business that happens to be a franchise. Is there anything special I should know or consider?
- What should I consider when hiring employees?
- How do I sell my product or service to the government?
106 West O Street • Russellville, AR 72801 • 479.356.2067