The service hours must be completed and submitted onto the theLink. When submitting the service hours, you must state your role in the activity and give a detailed description of what the opportunity was. The person submitted for vertification must be somebody other than the person completing the service hour.
Activities that will not count
- Donating money to an organization, a student must give time rather than funds.
- Club/organization activities, time spent that only benefits the membership of an organization cannot be considered service.
- Tabling, philanthropy for one's own organization is not benefiting otheres in the community. The time has to be serviced to other members of the community.
- Work for which you receive compenstation, it is not service if you receive financial, or other benefits.
- An event with your organization that benefits others.
- Performing a service act as a group for another organization.
- Serving as an advocate for social issues.
- Donating blood can count as 1 hour.
- Donating twenty (20) items of food or clothing can count as 1 hour.
- Proof of purchase must be uploaded for it to count.
- Go to thelink.atu.edu
- Click on the profile widget in the top right corner and login using your OneTech username and password.
- Click the "profile" button under the profile widget.
- Next, click the "Apply for Opportunity" tab.
- Select "Service Hours" under the dropdown menu, add the number of service hours completed, and fill out the service hours questions.
- Finally, click the green submit for approval button on the top of the page!
For questions, contact Megan Bell at (479)968-0275 or email@example.com
Service Excellence Award
Each year Arkansas Tech recognizes students who have received 100 or more service hours at the graduate ceremonies in May, August, and December. This award is known as the Service Excellence Award and students can been seen wearing a large medallion with their graduation regalia. For any questions contact the Department of Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479.968.0276. Students wishing to receive this recognition may submit their application by clicking the link below. This Application's deadline is April 19 for Spring 2024 graduates.