Federal Financial Aid
You've made the decision to go to school. Now, how are you going to pay for it? See the following:
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply at www.studentaid.gov
- Consists of Pell Grants, Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants SEOG, Workforce Improvement Grants (WIG)-[in order to qualify for a WIG grant, you must be 24 or older and meet other eligibility requirements], Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, and Federal Work Study.
- Students are awarded Federal Aid based on a formula determined by the U.S. Department of Education consisting of income, assets, and family size.
- Use School Code: 001089
- When filing, Link your FAFSA to the IRS Website
- If you are selected for Verification you will need to provide a copy of your Tax Return Transcript. Order from www.irs.gov or 800-908-9946
- Priority Deadlines: June 30 for Fall; October 15 for Spring
It will take 7-10 business days for Arkansas Tech-Ozark to receive your FAFSA information.
After you file, please check the "Student" tab on your OneTech account for any red flags that indicate you are missing additional requirements. Please turn in any missing documents as soon as possible to ensure your aid will be ready for the upcoming semester.
Your financial aid will be awarded once your requirements have cleared on your account. An email will be sent through your OneTech stating you have new financial aid awards available.
To view your awards on your OneTech, click "Financial Aid Awards" under your "Student" tab. Make sure you select the correct aid year.
Any grants, including Pell Grant, will be automatically awarded and accepted.
However, loans will only be offered to you. You must decide to accept or decline any loans you've been offered.