Dr. Christopher Harris
Dr. Tim Smith
Dr. Dan Belongia
Department of Music
The Department of Music has an established reputation for the superior quality of the music-teacher preparation program and for high standards in musical performance. The various musical organizations have been identified as distinctive or exemplary programs and have been featured on state, regional, and national convention programs. Each year the department sponsors seminars and workshops featuring nationally recognized authorities in the music profession.
- The necessary and desirable professional preparation for the training of accredited
music teachers for the public schools.
- Undergraduate competencies required of those students desiring to pursue performance
or academic careers in graduate programs.
- Opportunities for the cultural growth and development of all college students.
- Opportunities for meaningful professional growth through direct involvement in musical
performance in large and small vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
- Musical, cultural, and educational leadership for the institution, community, and
- A variety of extra-curricular and public-relations functions for the university community.