Center for Community engagement and academic outreach
WELCOME to The Center for Community Engagement and Academic Outreach (CEAO)! CEAO was designed to create unique educational experiences for students while improving the local and global communities. We are committed to providing students with innovative learning experiences that bring them outside the classroom to engage with the community and with real world problems, while giving them skills and experiences that will prepare them for the rapidly changing world.
- Oversee Campus Compact.
- Collaborate with Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning Excellence (CETL) to provide faculty training.
- Create 3 tier grant opportunities to encourage course development.
- Assess current civic engagement practices.
- Establish community partnerships.
- Create Civic Engagement certificate.
- Provide means of collaboration between key components: Campus LIfe, Community, and Faculty.
- Oversee ATU's AmeriCorps VISTA program.
Innovative Course Opportunities (IPBL)
One way we provide these unique educational experiences is through the creation of IPBL courses. These are Interdisciplinary, Project-Based Learning courses. All IPBl courses include the following three components:
- INTERDISCIPLINARY - teams of students from a variety of disciplines are in the same class.
- PROJECT-BASED - students are tasked with solving real world problems.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT - each course requires students to be engaged with either local, regional, or global community members.
ATU's AmeriCorps Vista Program
As part of our initiative to create unique, educational opportunities, CEAO oversees
the AmeriCorps VISTA program.
"Enriching the education experience and advancing the goals of our communities through student-focused innovations and new approaches to problem solving."
Office: (479) 498-6050
Faculty Profile Page