Skip to content
- Employees within the ATU financial aid office will not award aid to themselves or
their immediate family. Staff will reserve this task to an employee outside the immediate
household of the person, to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest.
- Financial aid professionals will disclose to their institution any involvement, interest
in, or potential conflict of interest with any entity with which the institution has
a business relationship.
- No amount of cash, gift, or benefit in excess of a de minimis amount shall be accepted
by a financial aid staff member from any financial aid applicant (or his/her family),
or from any entity doing business with or seeking to do business with the institution
including service on advisory committees or boards beyond reimbursement for reasonable
expenses directly associated with such service.
- Information provided by the ATU financial aid office is accurate, unbiased, and does
not reflect preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Institutional financial aid offers and/or other institutionally provided materials
shall include the following:
- A breakdown of individual components of the institution's Cost of Attendance, designating
all potential billable charges.
- Clear identification of each aid being offered, indicating type of aid, e. gift aid
(grant, scholarship), work, or loan.
- Standard terminology and definitions, using NASFAA's glossary of terms.
- Renewal requirements for each aid being offered.
- All required consumer information is displayed in a prominent location on the institutional
web site(s) and in any printed materials, easily identified and found, and labeled
as "Right to Know" and "Resources."
- A borrower's choice of a lender will not be denied, impeded, or unnecessarily delayed
by the institution, even if that lender is not included on the institution's preferred
- If a private lender list is provided, it will be compiled without prejudice and for
the sole benefit of the students attending the institution. The information included
about lenders and loan terms will be transparent, complete, and accurate. The complete
process through which private lenders are selected will be fully and publicly disclosed.
Borrowers will not be auto-assigned to any particular lender.