The Mechanical Engineering Program at Arkansas Tech University is designed to cultivate opportunities for our graduates. We provide students with a strong background in mechanical engineering that they can use to do great things. The Mechanical Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/.
The faculty in mechanical engineering are highly qualified, experienced, and most importantly dedicated to education. They are responsible for all the course content and evaluation - very little if any grading (and no lecturing) is done by teaching assistants.
Our graduates continue to graduate schools around the nation or work in manufacturing, HVAC or other thermal-fluid related industries, power industries, consulting firms, oil and gas industries, and other areas.
The Mechanical Engineering Department is housed in the Corley Building and has up-to-date lab equipment. Our classes are small with 30-35 students in most sections which allows for more interaction between the professors and students.
While our emphasis is on teaching, research is not forgotten and many of our faculty are actively pursuing research interests with many possibilities for students to become involved.
If you would like to learn more about the Mechanical Engineering Department at Arkansas Tech University, give us a call at (479) 964-0877 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Engineering Program (Bachelor's Degree)
- Graduates who have successful careers in mechanical engineering.
- Graduates who engage in life-long learning.
- Graduates who successfully solve engineering problems.
- Graduates who successfully work in teams to design systems, processes or components.
- Graduates who work professionally and ethically.
In order to meet the mission and educational objectives of the program, the Mechanical Engineering Department at Arkansas Tech University established the following list of attributes as goals for its graduating students.
Students graduating from the Mechanical Engineering Program should have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within
realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political ,ethical,
health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in
a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering; tools necessary
for engineering practice.
- An ability to apply advanced mathematics through multivariate calculus and differential
- An ability to apply principles of engineering, basics science, and mathematics to
model, analyze, design, and realize physical systems, components or processes.
- An ability to work professionally in both thermal and mechanical systems.
Institutional Research Reports
ATU/ADHE Degree Title
CIP Code - Classification of Instruction Programs (CIP) Code is defined by the National Center for Education Statistics for reporting data to various entities.
ATU/ADHE - ATU – Arkansas Tech University ADHE – Arkansas Department of Higher Education
Degree Title - Mechanical Engineering – Title used by industry
CIP Title - Mechanical Engineering – Title used by industry
*N - Number of students conferred a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree during the school year
*% - Percentage of BSME Degrees of all baccalaureate degrees conferred during a school year
( * ) term used in comprehensive report
Student Head Count
ATU Degree Program Title
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering