Roy and Christine Sturgis
Academic Advising Center
Arkansas Tech University is committed to providing its students with the best advising experiences possible. The Sturgis Academic Advising Center is staffed by professional advisors dedicated to guiding Tech's undergraduate students on the pathway to the successful completion of a college degree.
Click here to learn more about the university's pandemic recovery.
How to find your advisor on OneTech
You can also contact your advisor directly. If you aren't sure who your advisor is, please check OneTech:
- Go to your Academics Tab.
- Go to the box called "Academic Profile."
- Select Spring 2022 from the drop-down menu.
- Your advisor's name should appear at the bottom of the Academic Profile under "Advisors."
- The envelope icon will provide their email address. Contact info for AAC Advisors is also available here.
Students who should Contact the AAC
- New students seeking general information about Tech
- Any student who wants to know more about a particular major
- Students who are having difficulty with a class or want to discuss how classes are progressing
- Anyone who needs information about university policies or deadlines
Early Registration is for currently enrolled students based on the number of credit hours earned prior to the start of the current semester. Students must consult with their advisor before registering for classes. Students currently enrolled in the fall 2021 semester may be eligible to register for the 2022 spring term based on their number of earned hours at the start of the fall 2021 semester according to the following schedule:
- October 18: All Graduate Students and Seniors (90 or more earned hours)
- October 21: Juniors (60-89 earned hours)
- October 25: Sophomores (30-59 earned hours)
- November 1: Freshmen (0-29 earned hours)
Degree maps are term-by-term sample course schedules based on the Undergraduate Catalog. Milestones, listed to the right of each term, are designed to keep students on track to graduate in four years.
Students should use the sample schedules as a general guide to aid them in building a full schedule each term. To see additional information such as course descriptions and prerequisites, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.
CONTACT THE ACADEMIC ADVISING CENTER
Phone: (479) 964-0843
Fax: (479) 890-8091