Upon being admitted to Arkansas Tech University, your transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit; ATU will recognize transfer credit from U.S. regional accreditation associations. You must provide official transcripts from every school you have attended.
Your academic advisor (assigned by the department of your major) will determine which credits count toward your degree requirements.How and if those hours can be used toward your degree requirements will be determined by your academic advisor.
Grades for transfer credit will appear on the Tech transcript as TA, TB, TC, TW, etc.
All grades are calculated in the cumulative grade point average when reviewing admission requirements.
The equivalencies listed herein reflect the latest catalog reviewed from the prospective schools, and are intended for the general student population. Some disciplines will prefer different requirements and/or may substitute equivalencies for their program.
The following are not accepted for general transfer credit:
- Courses taken at a non-accredited school, or one whose accreditation is not recognized
- Remedial / developmental / pre-college level courses
- Professional development courses
- Continuing education units
Acronyms seen on articulated transfer work posted on the Tech transcript:
- GEBL - General Education - Biological Science Credit
- GEBO - General Education - Biological Science Lecture
- GEFA - General Education - Fine Arts Credit
- GEHM- General Education - Humanities Credit
- GELB - General Education - Science Lab Credit
- GEMA- General Education - Mathematics Credit
- GEPS - General Education - Physical Science Credit
- GEPO - General Education - Physical Science Lecture
- GESP - General Education - Speech Communications Credit
- GESS - General Education - Social Sciences Credit
- GEPE - Denotes Physical Activity Credit
- GEOR - Denotes Orientation Course
- NT - Denotes Non-transferable Courses
- LD - Denotes Lower Division Credit
- PC - Denotes Pre-College/Developmental Course
In accordance with the Arkansas Higher Education Department, the links below will direct you to the Arkansas Course Transfer System, where you can view the most current transfer equivalencies and policies.
|ACTS-Arkansas Course Transfer System||ACTS-Home Page|