Procurement & Risk
Procurement and Risk Management Services is a unit established to support the educational and research missions of Arkansas Tech University. It is staffed by procurement professionals who have the requisite knowledge, skills and training to assist University personnel in the purchase of required goods and services. This expertise insures that procurement decisions will be made in the best interest of the University and in compliance with the State of Arkansas procurement law and University policies.
- To obtain necessary goods and services for all University departments in a cost-effective, efficient and timely manner.
- To secure the highest value for each dollar spent.
- To offer assistance and training opportunities for University faculty and staff to promote understanding and practice of proper purchasing procedures.
- To manage insurance coverage for University property and insure that claims are submitted efficiently.
- To ensure fair and equitable treatment of all persons/vendors who deal with the University.
- To encourage, promote and increase participation in small and minority-owned businesses in the procurement process.
- To maintain a high level of professional ethics and integrity.
ATU procurement polices and procedures can be viewed here.
Only Procurement and Risk Management Services has the authority to issue purchase orders. Requisitions are "requests" for commodities or services, and do NOT constitute a legal order. Orders placed by an individual without a purchase order are the financial responsibility of that individual.
If a mandatory State of Arkansas Contract exists for a commodity, the University MUST order through that contract. Search State of Arkansas Contracts.
All printing regardless of the dollar amount must be bid. Printing is defined as "commercial printer's ink, using a commercial printing press, produced on paper". This does NOT include xerographic or digital copies.
Purchases may not be "split" to avoid a bid situation. If requisitions from two or more departments are received for the same commodity, bids will be issued if the total exceeds the Small Order limit.
Electronic Requisition Training
Banner Electronic Requisition Training is available via the web here(OneTech log-in is required). After viewing the videos, please call 968-0269 if you would like to schedule additional training. In-person training sessions will require 1 hour.
The dollar limit for petty cash is $75.00. Contact Student Accounts at 968-0271 for additional information.
Travel requests must be processed through the Budget Office (356-2034).