The Offices of University Testing and Disability Services are committed to providing timely and secure testing services for students and faculty. In order to effectively serve the needs of our students and faculty members, we adhere to the following guidelines for implementing test accommodations:
- The student must be registered with the Office of Disability Services and have the current semester's letter of accommodation on file.
- Students should notify their instructor(s) in advance of the scheduled exam for which they plan to use an approved testing accommodation. Instructors should communicate to their students how much notice is required. Students should refer to the course syllabus or contact the instructor if uncertain of the instructors expectations.
- Identifying an appropriate time for testing is a shared responsibility between the student and the instructor. Generally, we cannot offer the option of taking an exam outside of the scheduled class time without approval from the instructor. Recognizing scheduling conflicts may arise, University Testing will proctor exams at other times upon notification from the instructor. A phone call or e-mail from the faculty member will suffice as proper notification.
- All exams must be scheduled in advance of the test time/date. Students may schedule their exam time if they are testing simultaneously with the regularly scheduled class. Students should call 968-0302 or stop by University Testing to confirm the test time(s).
- Faculty, or designated staff, is responsible for ensuring the test is delivered to University Testing. Delivery may be in person, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org,), or exams may be faxed to 968-0375. If assistance is needed, please call 968-0302. The proctor form is to be attached to the exam and can be located here.
- Students should arrive on time for their scheduled exam. Students who are unable to make their appointment are expected to notify their instructor and University Testing as soon as possible.
- Students must show a valid ID in order to take their test(s).
- Lockers with keys are provided for students to store their personal belongings while in the Testing Lab. Cell phones are strictly prohibited. Students may also be asked to remove all loose items from their pockets and place them in the storage lockers.
- Students are not allowed to take books, book bags/backpacks, notes or any class related material into a testing area unless their instructor has provided written permission on the Testing Proctor Form. Instructors, please see attached Testing Proctor Form.
- Missed exams may only be rescheduled with approval from the instructor.
If you have any questions or concerns about testing accommodations for students registered with the Office of Disability Services please contact us at 968-0302.