Veterans Upward Bound (VUB) is a federally funded grant program, funded by the U.S.
Department of Education, designed to motivate and assist veterans in the development
of academic and other requisite skills necessary for acceptance and success in a program
of post-secondary education.
Veterans Upward Bound is a college-neutral program, serving a ten county radius.
Our target area includes the following counties:
Conway, Crawford, Faulkner, Franklin, Johnson, Logan, Perry, Pope, Sebastian, & Yell
Benefits of Veterans Upward Bound:
- Qualified veterans will receive support to achieve their academic goals.
- Program provides opportunities for veterans to reestablish fundamental skills and
study habits required for successful performance at the post-secondary educational
- Men and women veterans of all ages will gain access to information about college and
- Program is individually tailored to the needs of each veteran.
- Veterans will be able to learn in an environment alongside fellow veterans and will
receive support from VUB staff members who understand the unique needs of veterans.
Areas of Academic Instruction:
- Foreign Language
- Laboratory Sciences
Other Services Include:
- Financial/Economic Literacy Counseling
- Tutorial Services
- Military Transition Counseling
- College Entrance Exam Prep
- College Entrance Assistance
- Financial Aid/V.A. Benefits
- College Visits & Cultural Trips
- Career Exploration
- Industry Tours
Our Mission is YOUR Success!!!