Industrial Control Systems
Technical Certificate | Ozark Campus | In Person
Industrial Control Systems provides for a study of components, circuits, instruments and control techniques used with industrial automated systems. Students will develop skill sets which enable the integration of: electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and computer controls.
The focus of study is on two main areas. The first is control techniques for industrial components, such as electric motors, variable-speed drives, programmable logic controllers, servomechanisms and sensors. The computer system area of concentration covers how to repair, upgrade, or network a complete computer system, both hardware and software.
The diverse educational training provides for a host of integrated skills that can be applied in a variety of job contexts to include: green energy technology, electronics, robotics, manufacturing and production.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students of the program work on equipment in a lab setting.
Skills You Will Learn
- Build and test a circuit using semi-conductors.
- Build and test a digital logic circuit.
- Calculate voltage current or resistance using Ohms Law.
- Design and install a complete network system.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems with a computer.
- Use test equipment to troubleshoot and find faulty components.
- Write programs to control automated machines.
- Write programs using Visual Basic.
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Controls Technician
- Electronics Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Maintenance Technician
Alumni of our program work at:
- ABB Motors
- Hiram Walker Allied Domecq
- Tokai Carbon
- Tyson Foods
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
Point of Pride
ATU Ozark students won 1st place in the State of Arkansas at the last Skills USA Robotics competition in Little Rock.