Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Technical Certificate | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The air conditioning and refrigeration industry offers a bright future for people who wish to prepare for entry into this profession. This field includes, sales, installation, maintenance, service and operation of equipment not only in residential settings, but also in commerce and industry. The need for air conditioning and refrigeration service technicians will continue to expand with the growth of computer applications into the industrial fields. This program also places emphasis on green technology initiatives and incorporates an emphasis on PV arrays and wind turbines.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students of the program work on equipment in a lab setting.
Skills You Will Learn
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services or processing to evaluate quality of performance
- Determine cause of operating errors
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job
- Install equipment, machines, and wiring
- Repair machines or systems
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents
- Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Commercial HVAC Technician
- Residential HVAC Technician
- Industrial HVAC Technician
Alumni of our program work at:
- Atchley HVAC
- Atchley Mechanical
- Blaylok HVAC
- Walmart Refrigeration
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
Point of Pride
Our students have been Ranked #1 in the Arkansas SkillsUSA competition for 15 consecutive years.