Certificate of Proficiency | Ozark Campus | In-Person or Blended
The Certificate of Proficiency in Medical Coding will prepare students for entry-level coding office positions in healthcare facilities (e.g., hospitals, clinics, physician practices). Credits earned may be applied to the Technical Certificate and/or the Associate of Applied Science degree in Health Information Management.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Experience using multiple computer systems
Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Computer skills
- Team interaction
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Coding specialist at a hospital billing department
- Coding specialist for a medical billing company
- Coding specialist for a local physician
Alumni of our program work at:
- Johnson County Regional Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
- Shared Services
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
- Technical Certificate in Health Information Technology
Point of Pride
This program allows students to be involved in a helping profession but still utilize business skills they may possess.