Certificate of Proficiency | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The Certificate of Proficiency in Medical Billing will prepare students for entry-level billing office positions in healthcare facilities (e.g., hospitals, clinics, physician practices). Credits earned may be applied to the Technical Certificate and/or the Associate of Applied Science degree in Health Information Management.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Experience using multiple computer systems
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Computer Assisted Coding
Skills You Will Learn
- Critical thinking
- Computer skills
- Team interaction
- Students learn about HIPAA and how to accurately submit claims and work denials
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Billing specialist at a hospital billing department
- Billing specialist for a medical billing company
- Billing specialist for a local physician
Alumni of our program work at:
- Agera Medical Billing and Management
- Johnson County Regional Hospital
- Shared Services
- Johnson Regional Medical Center
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
- Technical Certificate in Health Information Technology
Point of Pride
This program allows students to be involved in a helping profession but still utilize business skills they may possess.
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.