Certificate of Proficiency | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The Certificate of Proficiency in Logistics Management will prepare students for entry-level positions within manufacturing, transportation, order processing, warehousing, and inventory control. Logistics Management (LGM) focuses on the logistics of planning, implementing, and controlling the effective and efficient flow of goods and services. Areas covered in the CP comprise basic fundamentals of logistics and supply chains, warehousing and transportation. It also addresses business communications, economics of supply and demand, and computer fundamentals skills.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students work on practical, real-world exercises in class.
- Students conduct real-time interviews with professionals in the field.
Skills You Will Learn
- Demonstrate basic understanding of logistic software systems and applications.
- Demonstrate employability skills including effective communication, critical thinking and problem solving, and quality customer service skills.
- Explain the role of transportation and identify the resources needed for domestic and global transactions and shipments.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform demand management to improve efficiency, perform inventory control measures, and optimize warehouse layouts.
- Obtain industry certifications such as the Certified Logistics Technician certification from the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council, and the Microsoft Office Suite Word certification.
About This Degree
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- Warehouse & Inventory Specialist
- Transportation Coordinator
Alumni of our program work at:
- Marten Transport
- USA Trucks
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Technical Certificate in Logistics Management
- AAS in Logistics Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree
- Bachelor of Professional Studies Degree
Point of Pride
Ranked as one of the top 10 Associates Degrees in the nation by BestColleges in 2020
IT'S TIME TO STEP UP
Find out how we will empower you to meet every challenge head-on.