Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Associate Degree | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The air conditioning and refrigeration industry offers a bright future for people who wish to prepare for entry into this profession. This field includes, sales, installation, maintenance, service and operation of equipment not only in residential settings, but also in commerce and industry. The need for air conditioning and refrigeration service technicians will continue to expand with the growth of computer applications into the industrial fields. This program also places emphasis on green technology initiatives and incorporates an emphasis on PV arrays and wind turbines.
Students pursuing the Associate of Applied Science degree will be better prepared to pursue positions that will lead to promotion and management positions in the facilities fields.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students of the program work on equipment in a lab setting.
Skills You Will Learn
- Conduct tests and inspections of product, services or processing to evaluate quality of performance
- Determine cause of operation errors
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job
- How to watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Install equipment, machines and wiring
- Repair machines or systems
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
About This Degree
In-State: $129 | Out-of-State: $258
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
You could work as a(n):
- HVAC Technician
Alumni of our program work at:
- Bailey Electronic
- Mooney Electric
- Nabholz Construction
View the links below to better understand the courses, the course timeline, and who your faculty will be when you enroll as an ATU student.
Credentials that stack with this degree:
- Associate of Applied Science in ACR-FAC
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Professional Studies
- Technical Certificate in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Point of Pride
Our students have had a 100% pass rate on OSHA-10 certification for the last 6 years.