Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Associate Degree | Ozark Campus | In-Person
The air conditioning and refrigeration industry offers a bright future for people who wish to prepare for entry into this profession. This field includes, sales, installation, maintenance, service and operation of equipment not only in residential settings, but also in commerce and industry. The need for air conditioning and refrigeration service technicians will continue to expand with the growth of computer applications into the industrial fields. This program also places emphasis on green technology initiatives and incorporates an emphasis on PV arrays and wind turbines.
Students pursuing the Associate of Applied Science degree will be better prepared to pursue positions that will lead to promotion and management positions in the facilities fields.
Hands-on Learning Opportunities
- Students of the program work on equipment in a lab setting.
Skills You Will Learn
- Conduct tests and inspections of product, services or processing to evaluate quality of performance
- Determine cause of operation errors
- Determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do the job
- How to watch gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Install equipment, machines and wiring
- Repair machines or systems
- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
About This Degree
In-State: $129 per credit hour
Out-of-State: $258 per credit hour
Students living in states bordering Arkansas receive in-state tuition.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The Arkansas Tech University school
code to use on the FAFSA is 001089.
The AR Futures grant could cover your expenses for this credential. Check credential eligibility.
You could work as a(n):
- HVAC Technician
Alumni of our program work at:
- Atchley HVAC
- Atchley Mechanical
- Blaylok HVAC
- Walmart Refrigeration
Point of Pride
Our students have been Ranked #1 in the Arkansas SkillsUSA competition for 15 consecutive years.