Social fraternities and sororities have been an active part of ATU for 40 years. Although each chapter offers a unique experience, students who join a fraternity or sorority can expect to participate in similar experiences that contribute to a well-rounded, fun, and enriching experience at Arkansas Tech. The fraternity and sorority experience at Arkansas Tech is committed to:
- Building Leaders
- Serving Others
- Achieving Excellence
- Building Relationships
ATU's fraternity and sorority community is comprised of 15 chapters of inter/national fraternities and sororities. These chapters are governed by student-led boards called councils. At ATU, we have two councils that provide governance, accountability, educational opportunities, and structure for our chapters:
- Interfraternity Council - Fraternities
- College Panhellenic Council - Sororities
- National Pan-Hellenic Council - Organizations
The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life at Arkansas Tech is dedicated to providing guidance and support to the fraternities and sororities on our campus. Our community offers a diverse mix of fraternities and sororities with the hopes that everyone who wants to join an organization can find one that closely matches their values and personality.
Arkansas Tech University is committed to providing an educational foundation for life-long learning to a diverse community. The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life is just as committed to that mission. As a result of membership, fraternity and sorority members will:
- Demonstrate organizational values in their interactions with others
- Prepare for meaningful engagement in their communities
- Model acceptance and inclusion to all identities
- Utilize divergent thinking to create change and/or new opportunities within the fraternal experience
- Use organizational values as a framework to examine issues, structures, and/or processes.