Who: The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
What: Is launching a faculty and staff badge initiative. Spring 2021 offerings will focus on diversity and partnering with the well-being series.
Where: All sessions will be available through WebEx events and meetings. More information is available at
When: Throughout the spring semester. The kick-off event will be Thursday, Jan. 28 at 7 p.m.
Why: The badge demonstrates proof of dedication to professional improvement.
Benefits: The certificates, noting badge level and subject(s), can be added for annual review and included with tenure/promotion materials. Additionally, future opportunities exist for internal and external presentations.
Background: Each badge has three levels of proficiency and a person can earn multiple levels within each area.
Faculty will have two years to complete a badge.
Level 1: Skill Building/ Learner
- Attend five different types of workshops, series events, or activities within two years.
- Credit can be given for attending or participating in events for the initial badge.
- If it is not an event (for example, an external training), a short reflection piece can be submitted for assessment and data collection.
Level 2: Implementing/ Innovator
- Completion of Level 1
- Use ideas learned in level 1 in the workplace via classes, curriculum, or workplace structure(s).
- Create a video or written reflection about how the new skill was used to make changes in the workplace or classes, and submit to the CETL Advisory Board or Well-Being Committee for assessment tracking.
Level 3: Skill Teaching/ Leader
- Completion of Level 2
- Present a workshop teaching other faculty how to implement material learned into their workplace, classes or lives.
- Possible presentation opportunities: Tech Talks, New Faculty Academy, Well-Being Committee Programming, external presentation.