DEPARTMENT OF ART
The Art Department is committed to quality visual arts education consistent with industry standards. To achieve its mission, the Art Department seeks to provide:
- A strong core foundation in visual art concepts and vocabulary in combination with the techniques, skills, and art processes to accomplish advanced projects.
- Substantive curriculum content that engages and challenges students to think critically about their intellectual response to art as well as their own creative process.
- Historical perspectives necessary for student understanding of the role of art across time, as a form of communication, and in cultural contexts.
- Opportunities for developing a portfolio consistent with areas of specialization.
- Leadership in developing and providing access to visual arts programming for the university and community.
- Internships that offer students opportunities to work with professionals in their fields of study.
The curriculum provides a foundation of art skills, methodology, and advanced work through teaching internships necessary for the licensure requirements.
This program is committed to providing a core foundation in visual art concepts, skills, and processes.
This program is committed to providing a core foundation in visual art concepts, skills, and processes as well as art through technology and other media.
Game & Interactive Media Design
The program prepares students for work in the video game and entertainment industries as well as a broad range of fields requiring skills in animation, simulation, programming, web design, editing, mobile application development, interactive environment construction, and story formation.