DEPARTMENT OF ART
The Art Department is committed to quality visual arts education consistent with industry standards. To achieve its mission, the Art Department seeks to provide:
- A strong core foundation in visual art concepts and vocabulary in combination with the techniques, skills, and art processes to accomplish advanced projects.
- Substantive curriculum content that engages and challenges students to think critically about their intellectual response to art as well as their own creative process.
- Historical perspectives necessary for student understanding of the role of art across time, as a form of communication, and in cultural contexts.
- Opportunities for developing a portfolio consistent with areas of specialization.
- Leadership in developing and providing access to visual arts programming for the university and community.
- Internships that offer students opportunities to work with professionals in their fields of study.
The curriculum provides a foundation of art skills, methodology, and advanced work through teaching internships necessary for the licensure requirements.
This program is committed to providing a core foundation in visual art concepts, skills, and processes.
This program is committed to providing a core foundation in visual art concepts, skills, and processes as well as art through technology and other media.
Game & Interactive Media Design
The program prepares students for work in the video game and entertainment industries as well as a broad range of fields requiring skills in animation, simulation, programming, web design, editing, mobile application development, interactive environment construction, and story formation.
ATU Graphic Design student awarded internship with River Valley Arts Center.
Tiffany Black named ATU's new Artist in Residence.