Definition of Terms:
- Credit Hours- the hours assigned to a course, this number is listed in both the schedule
of classes and the catalog and is usually 1 to 5 hours.
- Grade Value- the numerical value assigned to a grade; A = 4 points, B = 3 points,
C = 2 points, D = 1 point, and F = 0 points.
- Quality Points- number of credit hours for a course times the grade value.
- Attempted Hours- credit hours for which you earn a grade (excluding I's , AU's, P,
NP or W's).
- Earned Hours- credit hours that you passed with a grade of D or higher. Pre-college
courses such as remedial or developmental courses are not included in Earned Hours
but are used in calculating your GPA. Transfer credit is not considered in determining
your Arkansas Tech GPA.
- Repeat- when a freshman or sophomore level course in which you received a substandard
grade is repeated, the best attempt is calculated. If the course repeated is a junior
or senior level course then both grades, the first earned and the repeated grade are
used in calculations.
This calculator cannot accurately reflect all policies for repeating or transferring
credit. You can find your overall GPA in OneTech by looking at your transcript. If
you have more complex questions, seek the advice of a staff member in the Office of
Student Services at (479) 667-2117.
- Select the grade received for the course.
- Enter the number of credit hours (units) for the course.
- Click on calculate GPA.
Launch the GPA Calculator