Did you love your orientation experience?
Do you want to meet new people and help welcome new students to the university?
The Orientation Leader Selection Committee is looking for mature, hard-working, friendly, and value-driven leaders to represent Arkansas Tech University during the TECHConnect Orientation program in August 2019. Selection as an Orientation Leader provides excellent opportunities; it’s a great way to make friends, become a better leader, learn about Arkansas Tech University, and have a lot of fun!
- Serve as a critical link to entering students of Arkansas Tech University
- Facilitate group processes for new students
- Make students, parents, and families feel welcome and connected to Arkansas Tech University
- Speak in front of large and small groups
- Motivate and excite students
- Attend all scheduled orientation functions
Qualifications & Benefits
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking student in good academic and disciplinary standing with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Be familiar with university policies, procedures, and common campus resources
- Display strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work with a variety of audiences
- Be dependable, flexible, and responsible
- Make connections with other student leaders and network with campus faculty and staff campus
- Develop and/or enhance your leadership skills
- Meals provided at no cost during orientation programs
- Move in to residence halls early for the fall semester
- Meet a variety of new people
- Receive a $400 stipend
- You must be available for ALL of the following dates:
- In-person training on Wednesday, March 13 or Thursday, March 14. Doc Bryan 242, 5 to 7 pm
- In-person training on Wednesday, April 10 or Thursday, April 11. Doc Bryan 242, 5 to 7 pm
- Online training in May, June & July 2019
- Pre-orientation training on Tuesday, August 13 at 8:00 am-Friday, August 16 at 6:00 pm
- Early move-in will be held on Monday, August 12 in the afternoon
- TECHConnect, Saturday, August 17-Tuesday, August 20
Complete and submit the online application by 5:00 pm on Friday, February 8, 2019.
Sign up and attend a group process interview. The applicant will select a group process interview time after submitting their online application.
Group Process Interview Dates:
- Monday, February 11, 6-8pm, Young Ballroom
- Tuesday, February 12, 6-8pm, Baz-Tech Second Floor
- Wednesday, February 13, 7-9pm, Young Ballroom
Casual attire, such as an ATU shirt and jeans, is appropriate for the group selection process as participants will engage in various activities.
If selected to continue on in the application process after the group interview, applicants will receive an email on Thursday, February 14, inviting them to sign up for an individual interview.
Individual interviews will be held on Monday, February 18 through Friday, February 22. All interviews will be held in Doc Bryan 242.
Business casual attire should be worn for the individual interview. If help is needed to understand interview attire and protocol, you may visit Career Services in Doc Bryan Student Services Center, Suite 153 and make an appointment with a Career Counselor.